Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I can’t stand them. I’m not talking about them screwing with the grass or plants, I’m talking about them buzzing my head at night when I’m fishing. Don’t know what it is but over the last 2 years early in the summer like this they come out at about 9:15 for about a half hour and they give me the heebie jeebies. [email protected] things sound like a helicopter flying right up to your ear. They ran me out of a spot 2 weeks ago then last night but buddy got a kick out of me running around the river bank swinging my arms around. Bug spray doesn’t work. Any one have any tricks? Can I eat a ton of garlic or something to make me stink so they won’t come around? Or do I just have to wait another couple weeks ? I cannot stand these little monsters.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Get a bug net that covers your head. I use one in Canada and it works great. Pretty sure my buddy ordered it from Cabela's.
Fin feather fur has them for $3.99
Deluxe model $8.99

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The head net will give me a piece of mind but I’ll still probably flip out when I hear them or the fly into any other part of my body.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn’t know they were attracted to lights either. I don’t mess around with my phone while I’m fishing because my battery sucks so I try to save it incase I have to take pictures. Plus I use the flashlight on it on my out of the woods. It always kind of bothered me when people come with me and shine their flashlights everywhere when they get bored lol.

·
Banned
6,703 Posts
When they fly into a bug light zapper they look like the glow. Takes about a minute to drop them.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,847 Posts
I still have some 'june bug' spinners. ;)
Those were the hot walleye ticket on Mosquito back in the day! Haven't seen any June bugs around here for years!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Because I can’t stand them. I’m not talking about them screwing with the grass or plants, I’m talking about them buzzing my head at night when I’m fishing. Don’t know what it is but over the last 2 years early in the summer like this they come out at about 9:15 for about a half hour and they give me the heebie jeebies. [email protected] things sound like a helicopter flying right up to your ear. They ran me out of a spot 2 weeks ago then last night but buddy got a kick out of me running around the river bank swinging my arms around. Bug spray doesn’t work. Any one have any tricks? Can I eat a ton of garlic or something to make me stink so they won’t come around? Or do I just have to wait another couple weeks ? I cannot stand these little monsters.
That’s funny, I like June bugs they’re completely harmless. I think they’re cool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts