close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leesville?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BrianSipe17, Jul 15, 2008.

1. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Has anyone been to Leesville lately? Wickford and I are thinking of taking a trip there Thursday. I have never been to it.

What is hitting? Any bait recommendations?

2. Jerk Bait

Jerk Bait Jerk Bait

I will be going on thursday, will be at ramp by 8:00am, at Peterburrow

3. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

We'll be hitting it in the afternoon... I'll be in a 14 ft Sea Nymph. We were thinking about maybe hitting some bass (although I am not a big bass fisherman, I enjoy it once or twice a year). I wouldn't mind trolling for some crappie or eyes... or whatever critter likes my offering!

4. The eyes were hitting good on crawler harnesses two weeks ago. We went once last week and the bite was tough.

5. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Do you recommend trolling harnesses or slow drifting?

6. Went to Leesville on Monday. As we were launching the boat around 8:30 AM the group leaving said they caught their limit. We trolled for hours using rapala lures and crawler harnesses. There were a number of boats on the water trolling at the same time. No one appeared to be having much luck. We switched to crappie and blue gill fishing. They were hitting near the docks with minnows and wax worms. I wonder if we were not fishing deep enough for the eyes? We were fishing the South Fork closer to Leesville Village.

Mike

7. Trolling harnesses works better. I think if you slow drifted the little perch would drive you insane. They do anyway with harnesses on some days. White blades worked good for me.