close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leesville!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flippin 416, Jul 3, 2007.

1. I think I may have found a new favorite lake for LMB!!! My Dad and I got out Saturday morning and fished from approx 6am to 11am and picked up close to 10 bass....the most impressive fish going 4+lbs and the majority of them going 13 to 15 inches.
    So last night a buddy of mine and I decide to try it out again...we fished from 5:30 til about 9:30 and picked up 7 and again we were catching some NICE bass. I had one that was 3 and he had two that were 2-1/2. I might have to head back out again tonight.

2. flounder

flounder 2 min 30 sec from Hoover

What were your patterns for the lake?? Outside weed edges?

3. The afternoon fish...we were catching off the ends of structure in 8-10 fow...the weed edge is not really defined like I have seen it in past years. The fish we were catching in the morning hours were up on the bank and in the cover.

4. there's very little weeds left at leesville. It used to be one of the best lakes around if you wanted to fish the weeds. Rumor has it that residents were complaining about lack of a good shoreline with the weeds, so management has been killing them. it's tough to find good weeds there now.

it's been my experience that the best (and only) way to fish at leesville is by flipping.

5. Also Fished Leesville Today From abot 6 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Caught 4 Bass biggest one Going 3lbs. 3 oz. NIce Fish ;)

6. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Leesville used to have a awesome night bite when there was a full moon. I remember on night a friend and I caught 50 or so largemouth by midnight. I had a 22" and a 23"...Both were released. Black spinnerbaits at night.

7. I've heard about the night bite at Leesville. I had a buddy who would be out there every chance he could after the sunset...dragging black spinnerbiats beside the weed line. I am headed back out there at least once this week and possibly early Saturday AM.