Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to get to Leesville, Clows ramp from Columbus and anything about the bass there? I think that I was there once. I went up 77. What is the bass fishing like there in the spring. Anything will help. Thanks.

·
E.B.C.C. Founder
1,157 Posts
From 77n go to st rt 36 and go east. 36 to Uhrichsville to st rt 250 e, which will be left at the end of 4 lane. follow 250 to st rt 151 turn left to 212 at leesville Circle. go through circle still following 212 to railroad tracks. take next right and follow the signs.

·
sparkman
128 Posts
I would not drive from Cols to fish Leesville unless you are fishing for musky. Check the Ohio Division of Wildlife site. Bass fishing is not highly rated. I have been there three times this spring and hooked one bass on a "husky jerk" and I lost it before I could see it. The lake has been extremely high and muddy but I have not see it this past week and should be clearing up a little. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have never fished there. Maybe I will pass on this lake. It don't sound to good.

·
FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER
1,200 Posts
just because leesville is high and muddy right now doesnt mean u cant fish it at a later date though. one person might do good at a certain time and another person might go at the same time and not catch crap.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
my opinion leesville is underated as a bass lake this time of year pitch jig and pigs in darker colors or texas/carolina rigged worms or lizards in darker colors also find any area with wood cover, trees stumps ect. then work the docks and rocks where you can find them. ive seen some really nice bass come out of here but you do have to put your time in would i drive from columbus to fish here maybe maybe not but thats up to you . but this lake does have some good bass fishing. whatever you decide have fun and be safe. later.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the lake is a real nice place to go for the day lots of good spots to target bass. but the lake is the best part to get away leesville is tops on my list.:B :cool:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alot of different ideas about Leesville. I think that I may give it a chance when it quits snowing. Time4fishing, where are some of those hot spots for bass this time of year?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
if you launch by the dam hit the rip rap along the levy right off . then target the bays down past clows marina fish around the docks working your way out towards the open lake there are plenty of trees laying in the water dont forget to fish the points on the mouths of these bays once the weeds have emerged cast from the deep water side in towards the shore if you strike out fish paralell to the outer edge of the weeds with crank baits ( i prefer hot n tots & shad raps) or spinnerbaits (white seems to be a good color but chartruese works good too. the rest is up to you to figure out . good luck let us know how you do.:B

·
FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER
1,200 Posts
leesville is a nice lake i agree but sometimes i think people post negative stuff just so not as many people will go to a certain lake, so there will be less people that will fish there and they can try and have the whole lake to themselves just my opinion

·
Registered
783 Posts
Leesville is awesome this time of year especially when the water is up. Once that water gets up to the low 50's I fish shallow cover bushes wood. I' ve boated 20+ bass there this time of year Flippin palstics and jigs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts