Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Sisson lures work well at Leesville, which one and where do you buy they. I have only found 1 source Yakama bait company they have 4 models but unable to determine which one is best,

Any help is appreciated .

·
Bulldawg
1,058 Posts
Do a google search on them . Depending on where you are from , depends on where I can reccommend you to go. There is a body style 41 and 45 . DO NOT BUY the 45's , only the 41's. Make sure you pin the lips of your sissons also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Corpus Christi texas but will be in the Leesville area the first week in July 09.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Sissons ore made in Florida by Lee Sisson.
He created them for bass fishing but for some reason they work well on Ohio Muskie.
Give him a call and he'll send you a flyer with his product models.

Lee Sisson
305 McKeen Street
Auburndale, Florida 33823
941-967-4036

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you are going to Leesville, just buy them there! Both Clow's and Petersburg Marinas stock them in large quantities in a variety of colors. They can also advise you of the "hot" patterns/colors when you're there. They will run you around $6-$7 each.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip I will do that I always try and support the local guys if possible and reasonable.

Thanks again

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a public landing at Leesville?? I can see that both Marinas have landings just curious if there was a public landing.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The ramp near clow's(near the dam) is public/free. The ramp at Petersburg is only free if you're camping there. Clow's also gives you better access to the whole lake instead of launching at the extreme north end of it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 roof musky your post begs the question which leg of Leesville seems to be the most productive the leg with Petersburg landing or the other leg???

·
Bulldawg
1,058 Posts
Both boat ramps are free, at either end. But launching by Clow's is a much better option. It does put you in the middle of the lake and give you ample opportunities to fish the lake from a central location. Discoii if you have anymore questions let me know . I have been fishing that lake all my life and know it like the back of my hand. Sissons are a good bait on that lake , but the past few years I have really got away from using them. Too many other people fish with them !!!! Hope all the info helps, anymore questions let me know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Don't forget, if you do buy them locally, you'll still have to pin the lip at the campsite (won't have 'at home' conveniences like a drill). I just use two stainless steel small screw eyes-one on each side of the lip. The lips will pull out if you don't pin'em. Then use 5 min epoxy or clear fingernail polish to seal the wood.

·
meat17
93 Posts
what kinda screws do you use to pin the sissions i lost a monster fish 2 weeks ago in the 45in -50in range i have caught alot a muskies in sissions and that is the first time that happened also use some red nail polish on the lip a the sission that real seems to trigger the fish

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stainless Steel screws at Lowes/Home Depot will work. I not sure what size, but you do want the screw to go thru the lip completely with a little room for the tip to dig into the wood. .....about the thickness of a kotter(sp?) pin.

·
meat17
93 Posts
thanks for the info i agree launch at clows alot better places to fish also i believe the sissions are the best lures i ever fished i have caught just about everything on then but mostly muskies and not just lessville also on west branch and milton

·
Registered
564 Posts
I believe any fat bodied lure will work and we have been having luck on the Blue Colors such as Blue/Chrome and Blue/White.
and we caught a few on Red so that Muskie Train color just may be the hot ticket?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts