close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leesville Mem. weekend The Sunfish are ON!!!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TheSonicMarauder, May 29, 2007.

1. TheSonicMarauder

TheSonicMarauder Yes i slept on the couch

well i spent the weekend at the cabin with the family down at leesville.... eventhough they were calling for storms all weekend, it didnt really storm that much.... just enough to cool down the day... it made for a real nice weekend in my opinion... the sunfish thought so aswell :D because they were ON! we probably caught about a 100+ fish through out the weekend with just about a couple hours a day on the water sat-monday....

we took the party barge out on the water and found a spot that had a rock pile on one side and a fallen tree and a couple stumps on the other and it all was shaded over by trees and it was ON!

smallest was about 2 inches :D lol and the biggest was moms fish ohio warmouth.... the bluegills brought the numbers but the warmouths brought size.. between my mom and dad and I, we caught 6 warmouths over 8" including moms 9"

overall a nice weekend out on the lake with the family :D
    all fish were released to live another day

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Congrats on a fun weekend, Sonic. For once the Memorial Day weekend weather cooperated!! :D

Speaking of warmouth, they were nailing texas rigged lizards at Mogadore on Saturday. I caught three of them with the largest being just over 9 inches :eek:

Those little buggers fight and attack like a bass!

Bob

3. TheSonicMarauder

oh yeah tell me about it... the weather was awesome this weekend..... leesville apparently just missed a big storm because carrollton got THRASHED... telephone poles were knocked over, limbs down everywhere... power outages, the field of dreams sign at the football/baseball fields got obliterated

but as far as the weather on the lake was concerned... whenever the day started to get a little hot.... here came a short rain just to cool things off a little and knock some of the pollen out of the air.......... there were times were it looked like we were in the middle of a sand storm there was soo much pollen in the air and the lake was just covered in a sea of yellow carpet........ the pollen was just NUTZ........ i dont even had allergies to pollen and i was sneezing up a storm.. it just got up in my nose and tickled the right hairs and AAAACHOOOOOOOO.... and pollen boogers are THE WORST lol

and yeah... gotta love those little warmouths... body of a bluegill, head and attitude of a smallmouth... catchin them this weekend on 4.6' Ultra light rods was goooooooooooood fun..... they are part of the reason i hardly ever take my bass stuff to leesville as well as why i still havent tried for muskie yet.... them little guys keep ya busy all day long and are always a lot of fun to catch :D

4. The north fork got pounded real hard Sunday. I just made it back and within minutes it was blowing and lightning like crazy..

Yes the warmouth were on fire this weekend. I was getting them on 4" senko's and spinners baits. I swear they fight like a miniature small mouth.

Big fish for me was cat 27" hit while muskie trolling. Everything else was the norm dink bass on the cover couldn't find the deep big bass and bluegill/crappie usual run of the mill. That is a real hard lake to go fishless at.

I'm there every weekend and love it more and more each time I go. Sometimes I don't even go on the boat. Just shore fish for cats at night.... there are some nice ones in there. Still waiting on that first muskie, I will get one! I swear I will!!

5. TheSonicMarauder

we were on the north fork as well..... our cabin and boat is in the palermo dock club which the first set of docks on the left as you leave the petersburg marina........ there was quite a few boats out but i honestly expected a lot more people to be out on the lake this past weekend...... but i dont blame people for not getting out this past weekend... gas prices are keepin a lot of people home althought apparently the fuel at petersburg marina was only $4 a gallon which didnt seem too bad..

we were anchored on the shore across from the marina just outside the no wake zone and we saw the little white caps comeing from around the corner in the main lake... it looked nutz and eventhough our dock was around that corner... it was a pain in the butt trying to dock it with the wind broad siding us lol... but overall the weather wasnt too bad

ive been wanting to try to bass fish the lake or even try for some muskies but bass fishing from a pontoon boat w/o a trolling motor is a nightmare. plus apparently if i take my 12ft jonboat down there, im not allowed to launch it at our dock clubs ramp so i have to go over to the marina... and when i launch my jonboat... i have to take all my gear out of it, slide my boat out of the bed of my truck(which doesnt have an e brake lol) and then put all my gear back in my boat and this past weekend, the marina was pretty busy and i dont want to hold everyone up

hey urnso... maybe one weekend when im at the cabin, we can get together for some fishin....ive been wanting to try to bass fish that lake.... i just dont know where to start