Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy caught this Friday night on a vibee on a ice fishing pole with 4lb test casting toward shore and then jigging close to the boat. Came in at 28" and a little over 9lbs. Biggest Saugeye I've ever seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
BEAUTIFUL

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Great catch. I believe Leesville produced the previous record now held by Antrim

·
Thomas T.
214 Posts
Awesome catch!! Beautiful!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice fish! I ran across a nearly dead fish on the surface about that size about 2yrs ago at Leesville while musky fishing. It, too, had been the largest on I had ever seen. Clearly, there is a population of good sized Saugeyes there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice fish! I ran across a nearly dead fish on the surface about that size about 2yrs ago at Leesville while musky fishing. It, too, had been the largest on I had ever seen. Clearly, there is a population of good sized Saugeyes there.
I'll be back to see if we can get another.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Saugeye, seem to be able to adapt and grow to be very big! My thoughts are that they, may be living in an area with little fishing pressure, until they put on the feed bag and follow the bait fish. I have fished some lakes that have a limited population of walleye and every now and then, some one catches one and its a pretty good size. Central Ohio, appears to have a good Saugeye population, and produces some Huge ones. I look to see another record breaking fish soon. I'm not that close to get out on a regular basis to get the opportunity to fish enough for a pattern. For those who are able, I wish you good fishing!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts