close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Leesville lake monster eye

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by got me hooked, Nov 3, 2017.

1. My buddy caught this Friday night on a vibee on a ice fishing pole with 4lb test casting toward shore and then jigging close to the boat. Came in at 28" and a little over 9lbs. Biggest Saugeye I've ever seen.

Attached Files:

2. Great catch. I believe Leesville produced the previous record now held by Antrim

3. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Senior Member

Not Leesville, Clendenning....

4. Salamander

Salamander Thomas T.

Awesome catch!! Beautiful!

5. Nice fish! I ran across a nearly dead fish on the surface about that size about 2yrs ago at Leesville while musky fishing. It, too, had been the largest on I had ever seen. Clearly, there is a population of good sized Saugeyes there.

6. I'll be back to see if we can get another.

JamesF likes this.
  7. JamesF

JamesF

That's a good fish! My brother keeps wanting to go to Leesville.

8. Not clendening or leesville-alum creek caught bye brian bang....
    At least the one before the antrim record

9. AtticaFish

AtticaFish Jiggin Freak

Yep, you are in trouble now. Will be spending many hours searching for another fish that size. That is a beast.

JamesF likes this.
  10. JamesF

JamesF

Saugeye, seem to be able to adapt and grow to be very big! My thoughts are that they, may be living in an area with little fishing pressure, until they put on the feed bag and follow the bait fish. I have fished some lakes that have a limited population of walleye and every now and then, some one catches one and its a pretty good size. Central Ohio, appears to have a good Saugeye population, and produces some Huge ones. I look to see another record breaking fish soon. I'm not that close to get out on a regular basis to get the opportunity to fish enough for a pattern. For those who are able, I wish you good fishing!

Saugeyefisher likes this.
  11. Leesville lake thru the ice. 10#5oz

Attached Files:

12. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Senior Member

All I was saying is Clendenning had the record, Leesville never held it, although I am sure there are a few monsters in there

Lewis, Skippy and Saugeyefisher like this.