close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leesville Lake Largemouth Bass

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mike leesville, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Need some help with locating/catching largemouth bass on this lake. There is cover (laydowns etc.) all over this lake but I don't seem to have much luck catching largemouth. I've tried tubes, crankbaits, frogs (in lily pads), lizzards, spinnerbaits, topwater (you name it). I have not tried Carolina Rig but will next week. Any help would be appreciated. I have a cabin at this lake and the weekends would be much more enjoyable if I could catch some fish. I caught a 36" muskie of my boat dock last year while fishing for bass. I might just start fishing for muskie. (No trolling - I prefer to cast) This lake gets good reviews for largemouth bass. Maybe my presentation is wrong.

2. I can't help on the bass in Leesville but that is a good lake to cast for muskie. Good numbers of muskie there and Leesville is generally thought of as a "small lure" lake for muskie so you won't have to cast the giant lures and throw your arm out. I've caught a few there in spring and fall in shallow cover casting in-line spinners and rapalas. I hate trolling for muskie or other fish too; takes the fun out of it for me.

Good luck,
    Steve

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

might want to try green senkos in the cover for bass, i usually have good luck on them.