Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend fishin fer bass. Took a few breaks when my arm got tired :p and trolled for muskie. No muskie takers but had few bass takers. Was fishing cranks and spinners real slow. Tried jig and pig and lizards but I think they were suspended under cover and not on the bottom under cover. Couldn't get a single hit in down trees on bottom. Now take a crank or spinner and bounce it off the same wood cover and you could get some. They were all small 10-12 inchers. 3 one day and 3 the next. I'll take that this early... waters still 49-50 in most parts. The small back bays are near 60 in some places. Depends on the bottom composition. Rocks and sand were way warmer than mucky bottoms.

Was there monday too but the wind tore the lake up... muddy as hell by 3pm. The shorlines looked like chocolate milk. Tried fishing some wind blown points but I kept losing my hat to the wind. ;) Actually I couldn't get my anchor to hold in the spots I wanted to fish. Them winds had to be 40+ at times. Gave up monday with no fish....:mad: Next weekend I'll try again!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts