close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lee Production 20# Lead Melter

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by H2O Mellon, Sep 13, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

Here is a pic of the lead melting pot I am buying.

[​IMG]

I found it for $56, but figured I'd maybe see is anyone had one like this they are selling. I want one that I can t fit the molds under. Any info godd/bad on this one would also be good.

Thanks

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

Question if your lead is in big pieces how do you get it in that thing, by sawing it?

3. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Jack,

That holds 20 pounds of lead! Thats one of the largest production typs ones. The style I've been using only holds 1 pound. THe lead is so soft you cut it in pieces junks, etc... then put them in there. There is a mold that allows you to melt the lead down to 1 pound bars, which is what I having comming.

4. peon

peon account delete

0   0   0

my father-in-law has something like that and i pour my ice jigs with it.. i couldnt imagine useing the other kinds that you hand pour.... it sure is nice to make your own tackle.. im in the paint process now...

5. ocdfishguy

ocdfishguy

0   0   0

I am using a Lee production pot IV. It has been real easy to use. The one you are showing is the pro model and it looks sweet. I like the idea of having a mold guide, would make things easyer. The only down side is that it is hard to do molds that have the wires protruding from the mold.

6. yakfish

yakfish

0   0   0

That would be nice to have. I made one using a soup can and a long bolt for the handle and melt the lead with a blow torch

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

0   0   0

did you here that bryan, hard to due them with the wires.

8. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Yes, those are the no rolls, a wire pin is placed in the sinker. Thats okay I can always just pur those or use a laddle.

9. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

10. H2O Mellon

0   0   0

Thanks 33. That actually helps.