lead.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by peple of the perch, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Does anyone know someone who has been affected from handling lead. No matter what the product is fo fishing it usually has lead in it. It seems that most of u have been handling lead for many years and have not been affected at all.

2. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

It's not you that gets effected unless exposed to extreme doses or actual ingestion. What does get effected are your children, no they may not grow a third eye or arm, they could but doubtful, what is likely is a lot of other health problems.

3. I got sick when I overdid making sinkers. I did not have enough ventalation and worked 4-5 hours breathing that crap. I felt sick to my stomach, tired, sort of like the flu. I now limit how long I work with the stuff and make sure I space the sinker making out, like 2-3 weeks between sessions.

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

Me n0T aFFe(ted @ a!!...

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Last year I had lots ofm problems w/ my skin itching and ither small stuff. I guess something just hit me. I really think it was the stuff that was attached to lead like glues and things like that. I finally had to stop, but rather than selling my stuff, I gave it to a friend, who I HOPE WILL MAKE ME SOME SINKERS THIS COMING WINTER. (Boy I hope he reads this!) :D ;) :p

6. Why do you ask?

Attached Files:

7. Ive been crimping splitshot onto my line with my teeth for years, maybe thats what my problem is.