Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
first don't shoot lead bullits....only jacketed ones....but there is a product they make some kind of foam that I hear is pretty good....I'm not sure of the name as I never need it...with jacketed bullits the build up is minimal.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hoppe's no. 9 and a good bronze phosphor brush, and all the elbow grease you can manage. Plug the barrel with a cork or shaped dowel and fill the barrel with any solvent that will loosen lead deposits. After soaking a while, scrub, scrub, scrub.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys allready have allot of elbow action,with little results:( The main gun I am having this problem with is a Judge shooting 410 slugs! Couple of my 357s shooting wadcutters r doing the same just not as bad?

·
Registered
268 Posts
A lead removal kit is cheap and they work great. Just a brass screen and rubber plug pulled through the barrel. I would try and figure out why your getting the accessive leading and fix the problem. I've shot lead (handcast) out of all my revolvers and most semi's for years and once you find the problem and fix it never had a problem with lead again. Uniformity is the first step. You will be suprised how much different each chamber can be. Slug the barrel and find out if theres tight spots and if so fix it. A tight spot in a barrel can be a lead nightmare. Dont just take a factory revolver and think that it wont shoot lead. It will. Lots of sites on the internet to help with this stuff.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hoppes elite works really. Letting regular hoppes or mineral spirits soak in will also work. I have found that the tornado brushes work really well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts