Ohio Game Fishing banner

Lead core

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  gino 
i run a 50 ft leader, 5 ft depth per color and run shallow divers when running cranks. not sure if this is the best way to do it but usually manage to pull a few.
Well we run big lips or diving cranks on ours a lot. No divers on lead line. Not needed. But always be sure to look your divers up in the trolling Bible. We carry one on board. We have plugs that troll 20 ft, so if you shooting for 50 ft. be sure and subtract the plug dive.
So to go 50 ft with a 50ft diver you only want to go 30 ft, with the lead core. See alot forget that. And they are 20 ft below the fish. We also use 20 ft leaders on our lead core.

What kinda 50' diver are you using with a full core?

How many colors do you use to when your running a 20 foot plug if your running a full core?

I'm super confused right now....
Well I said NO DIVERS just diving plugs. With lead core there is no need for a diver.
Well thats easy since a full core is 10 colors, But with my calculations a ful core is 50 to 55 ft. So add a 20 ft diving plug and your going 70-75 ft deep.
I really don't see what there is to be confused about.

Sorry I had said no divers. When I stated diver i should have said diving plug. I simply meant dont forget to take plug into consideration. If it goes say 20 ft. then you need to subtract that from the overall depth of the lead core.

QUOTE=eyedreamn;1658176]Oh. You said go to 50' with a 50' diver. I though you meant you were putting a 50' diver on the LC.

I get it!

My bad..[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.