LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by CountryKat, May 4, 2008.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Quick question about the LCD monitors. Are they cheaper to run ( electricity wise ) than the regular tube type monitors? Do you need to have a DV card to get the most from the image?

2. I seriously can't tell the difference from a DVI and a VGA cable. I use a dual DVI cable and again I still can't tell the difference. If your worried about the cost of the cable you can get them around for around 6 bucks shipped.

So to answer your question, no you don't need a DVI. I'm not sure about the electricity difference.

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I get a great picture without a special DV card with my 19" ViewSonic. I chose a full screen model, better for surfing since I don't have to scroll so much. :p
    But you can buy LCD's for either VGA or DVI. Mine is a VGA model.

I wouldn't buy one without comparison shopping at a store where you can see the big differences in pictures.

As for energy consumption, an LCD is supposed to need considerably less than a CRT as I recall.

4. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting the HP w2207h 22" lcd. I took the kids with me and I had them pull up a picture on one monitor and I would pull it up on the HP. There was quite a difference in the picture quality.