Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: went down to the hoga today, and found this by the bank i do alot of cat and smallie fishing by.... The parking lot is 50 feet away. And these people r the first to be mad and yell when they close off a place for public fishing!!!!! Pardon my french but these people can go.....:Banane24::Banane24::Banane24:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I seldom get worked up about these idiots anymore. Is it easier just to pick up after them and move on. Hell a week or so ago I saw some lowlife roll down their window and empty all their trash onto the road at a red light in broad daylight. Mc. D's bags, beverage containers, you name it all right into the road. It just amazes me:(

·
Banned
269 Posts
That looks like the work of a homeless person. Maybe not and doesn't make it right. I just found it odd that someone took the time to put the empty bottles in a bag in the first place. Your heading of the thread was accurate.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I watched a guy walking down a main road on the outer edge of Washington, DC while stopped at a red light...he had a young boy with him...probably 6-8 years old...I'll assume they were father and son...BOTH were carrying McDonald's cups...they had obviously just left the McDonald's two blocks up the road...the father throws his cup against the wall of a building they're walking past...must have been still half full of strawberry milkshake...it splatters all of the side of building and the cup lands on the ground...they keep walking...a few steps later, the little boy does the same thing.

That was about seven years ago and I can still see it in my mind like it happened yesterday. Too many people just don't care.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Some people just wamt to be slobs...It would be easier carring it out then in...Lighter in weight bpttles are empty ..food has been eaten..ctawlers have been used...Some people are just PIG'S...Never will figure there way of thinking.....JIM.....:devil:....:devil:.....:

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
Hey! Stay away from my campsite:D Seriously that stuff really ticks me off. Can't believe some people just don't give a dam about the environment like that.:mad:

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
ive come to realize that some people have 100% justified in their minds that everyone else owes them and should give them what they have, and clean up and pick up after them, and baby them, and they should only do what they want, because actually theyre better than almost everyone else.

and also, this attitude gets you fired quickly, and not soon enough for my taste.

sorry about that....been a rough week.... but now i have insight into how these people think. in their minds theyve done nothing wrong. and thats the problem.

·
Registered
680 Posts
it's about time that we all got worked up. People overspend our money, donate our money for us, and then have the gall to tell us how to live.

being the proud parent of two girls, I do make it a point to pick trash up and do the right thing so I can set a good example for my daughters.

Be heard and be seen, the louder the better.

Jim

·
name of Alex
4,719 Posts
Our river group does frequent cleanups, I call it "being a windshield wiper" because you know more stuff will accumulate after you make a pass, it's only a question of how much you allow to build up before the next pass.

I don't think litterbugs believe other people owe them cleanup efforts, I think it's more like "Once it leaves my hand, it's gone to me" even if they continue to sit right next to the crap they tossed.

When I was on litter duty in the OSU landscape shop, I said I was wiping the behind of the student body.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I watched a guy walking down a main road on the outer edge of Washington, DC while stopped at a red light...he had a young boy with him...probably 6-8 years old...I'll assume they were father and son...BOTH were carrying McDonald's cups...they had obviously just left the McDonald's two blocks up the road...the father throws his cup against the wall of a building they're walking past...must have been still half full of strawberry milkshake...it splatters all of the side of building and the cup lands on the ground...they keep walking...a few steps later, the little boy does the same thing.

That was about seven years ago and I can still see it in my mind like it happened yesterday. Too many people just don't care.
I had something similar happen to me in San Fran years ago, sitting at a redlight in front of the crosswalk in my rental car, late at night, someone walking across the front of my car hurled a full wendy's soda cup at my windshield. Took all I could do not to floor it, but it was obviously a homeless person and when I got out of the car back at my hotel it was obvious that the cup was full of his drink of choice. Was NO WAY I was getting out of that car though to confront the guy.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Wasn't it Hong Kong or somewhere that they caned that kid for littering or vandalism? Sounds like a plan to me. Of course we wouldn't want to screw up anyones sense of their importance.

·
Those BLASTED darn bass
156 Posts
Unfortunately the kid with the guy in Washington, DC will probably grow up continuing to litter, and if we're unlucky enough for him to have kids, they too will probably do the same too. Slobs are like poverty, they pass from generation to generation. We just need to continue to be good sportspeople and pickup after them when we can. I believe for every pig sportsperson (regardless of the sport) there are many more good conscientious ones. It just makes me feel good when I pick up someone elses litter, and take it out with me, no matter how small the amount. Just figure that's one less piece of litter in the environment to give us sportspeople a bad name.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

I am guessing if the son witnessed his father take a beating with a short explanation that it is bad to litter, he would remember that everytime he thought about littering. Just my $.02.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
People typically learn bad habits from someone, in this case it's most likely his father...ultimately that person has to make a decision to do it or to not do it. However, without some sense of "cause and effect" or "action and consequences" it is so easy for them to do wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There was a little pond that used to be owned by a shut down factory. When the factory moved out everything grew up around it. I would go back there with a buddy of mine, and man fantastic fish, great size crappie, largemouth, don't know why it was stocked like that but it was. Eventually more people started to find it, and one day we went back there and there was trash all over the place, a smoldering fire, bottles floating in the pond, it was terrible, someone went back there and camped and wrecked the place. I don't understand why people think that what they do doesn't matter to anyone else. Too many people are in their own worlds. I agree, it starts with family, and how we are raised.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Inconsiderate.

I see it all the time when knuckleheads drop their cigarettes because they don't consider that littering.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts