close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lazer Levels

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Well we are looking to buy one mainly for hanging pictures. Between me and the woman we take alot of pictures, and alot that get framed but everything is at different height.

There are so many out there anyone got a sugestion on what one to get? We have been looking at the craftsman one, and the one made by black and decker!

Thanks

Jason

2. catlover

catlover Banned

I don't think tolerances will be too critcical for your needs. We got one at Kroger for 30 bux, it came with a full tool kit. Only use it to drive the cats crazy. They had the lazer level alone for under 8 bux. Standard level, one foot and all the bubbles and a lazer pointer with a phase splitter.

3. BuzzBob

BuzzBob Take a Dad fishing

I bought one from Sears when they were on sale last year. Nice case, came with red goggles that are supposed to help you see the red beam better.(NOT) I had a real problem seeing it outside during a sunny day. Maybe they have better ones out there now.

4. I bought the Ryobi AirGrip laser level and had to take it back. It didn't stick to the walls of our apartment. The guy at Home Depot said it would stick to every surface but it didn't. It stuck to smooth surfaces but the walls have a slightly rough texture and the air grip suction slowly loosened and fell off. The problem with others is you have to stick pins in the walls. Don't know how you feel about pin holes in your walls?

5. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

CPTN,

My Mother-in-Law got me the Black and Decker for Christmas. I was a little skeptical about it at first. It actually has come in rather handy. I have been using it on my Pole Barn we are building and I really like it. BuzzBob mentioned earlier that they do not do so well in the bright sunlight and it's true. If you are mainly going to use it inside you will be more than happy with it!

Also congrats on the Marriage!! :cool:

6. Thanks Guys

Thanks Buddy, Hows the canoe, and modifacations yet?

7. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

The canoe is great, we got to use it a couple of times last fall after we got it and me and the boys love it! :cool:
    I am ready to get it out this spring!

8. Well If you ever need a partner let me know. I just cant paddle :( :( :(

9. I have the one made by Craftsman and it works great! Get the tripod and it will work even better.

10. GOt a craatftsman with tripod on ebay for 17.00 that inculded shipiing. I think i got the BIIG HOOK UP :D :cool: