close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Laying Carpet in a room

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, Sep 2, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I layed some carpet in a room last night for the first time. Did the tack strips, knee kicker and carpet stetching. Came out pretty good for a first timer. No wrinkles or air pockets, etc. Cleaned up the carpet scraps and called it a night. Went out to my truck and drove home when I noticed something wet on both of my knees. Turned on the dome light in the truck and realized I didn't have anymore skin left on them. They are pretty tore up.

Moral of the story, "Wear jeans when laying carpet"

flash------------------------------out

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Is that what they mean by "rug burns"??!!

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Gosh, that must be painful! :eek:
    For the record, the guys that I have seen laying carpet are usually wearing knee pads of some sort. So remember that next time you go to install some carpet :)

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

another trick is: sprinkle the carpet with hot water first. it will shrink tight and lay flat . so you don't have to kick it so much and blow out your knees.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Just another great story :D Ben, I have so much to say...I can't even touch this one!this sounds as good as the pull start kicker on your boat!

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Oh yes the kicker. Thats the one that exexec said started right up. I take it out and it started for a good 15 seconds.

flash-----------------------------------out

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

that was total.....over a 30 minute period!