close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lawnmower repair question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FishnJoe, Sep 5, 2004.

1. need to change blade. Does the bolt holding blade turn right or left to remove? thanks in advance.

2. Rightie to tightie.Lefty to loosy.......LOL..........Rich

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

"Turn it right to make it tight" on my Toro pushmower. (normal thread)

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yeppers turn it left, if it is tight you may have to tap it with a hammer.

5. Everybody's already given you good advice on direction. :) I bought one of those little blade holders from Sears that really helps in the job. I would get one if you haven't already. I think it was only 3 or 4 dollars.

6. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Some are standard and some are left hand thread. Commercial Toros and Deeres were left hand thread. My Craftsman POS is standard. The last MTD I destroyed was standard. The MTD rider I had that HQ (remember them?) took back after a summer's use, (it was a real piece of junk), was left handed. You never know. Best ask a local dealer if you really need to have help. Or, just crank on it with the breaker bar- one way will work. LOL

Just make sure you have the plug wire off BEFORE you turn that blade. Safety first always. Oh, and wear some good leather gloves. They'll help save your fingertips when the blade slips, as it always does. Once you do those two things, the rest is simple.

UFM82

has sharpened many a mulching blade...

7. This will tell you how old my mower is . Its a Mongeremy Ward.......I bought it this year at a garage sale for $20.00. I know your thinking I got screwed but its got a 3.5 Briggs and Stratton and the whole unit is like brand new. It purrs like a kitten and cuts like a dream..................Rich