close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lawn question?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, Apr 12, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Does anyone know of any magical ways to prevent brown spots from where dogs take a leak at in your yard? Id like to prevent the patches of dead grass if at all possible.

thanks
    Sowbelly

2. Follow the dog around with a specimen cup or get rid of the dog. :D

3. Go to...

DrsFosterSmith.com

or call them at 1-800-826-7206. They have a few products you can use on existing brown spots. They also have a couple different "treats" you can give your dog that acts as a neutralizer against the ammonia in the dogs urine. I've given these to my lab/rott and it worked real well. The product I bought, and would recommend, is "Lawn Guard Treats". Give them (quantity of treats based on dog's size) as a treat in the morning. I didn't notice any change until after a few days of giving him the treats.

Similar product may be available elsewhere...?

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Brown spots (groan). I hear ya. I used to have two golden retrievers that did their damage. I found two things helped. First, I changed their diet at the recommendation of the vet. I put them on a low-calore feed (Eukanuba large breed diet). That helped like you wouldn't believe. The acid in their urine is killing your lawn. The only other thing that I can think of to try is to suppliment their diet. Talk to your vet, they can help. I have no more brown spots!

Good luck.

5. sowbelly101

Thanks for the info guys, Ill be getting in touch with my vet to see what he says to do for our brutes.

thanks
    sowbelly

6. Now c'mon Brian why do you have to go and blame the brown spots on the dogs. we know it's you. :D

7. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

I was thinking pampers for small dogs and depends for big old dogs.

8. sowbelly101

nice one matt. you dont have to worry about brown grass yet... you still have a mud lawn right? is larry onboard yet?

9. Pike

Pike

Train your dog to pee in the neighbor's yard. :cool: