Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keep'n It Reel
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any magical ways to prevent brown spots from where dogs take a leak at in your yard? Id like to prevent the patches of dead grass if at all possible.

thanks
Sowbelly

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Go to...

DrsFosterSmith.com

or call them at 1-800-826-7206. They have a few products you can use on existing brown spots. They also have a couple different "treats" you can give your dog that acts as a neutralizer against the ammonia in the dogs urine. I've given these to my lab/rott and it worked real well. The product I bought, and would recommend, is "Lawn Guard Treats". Give them (quantity of treats based on dog's size) as a treat in the morning. I didn't notice any change until after a few days of giving him the treats.

Similar product may be available elsewhere...?

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Brown spots (groan). I hear ya. I used to have two golden retrievers that did their damage. I found two things helped. First, I changed their diet at the recommendation of the vet. I put them on a low-calore feed (Eukanuba large breed diet). That helped like you wouldn't believe. The acid in their urine is killing your lawn. The only other thing that I can think of to try is to suppliment their diet. Talk to your vet, they can help. I have no more brown spots!

Good luck.

·
Keep'n It Reel
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys, Ill be getting in touch with my vet to see what he says to do for our brutes.

thanks
sowbelly

·
Keep'n It Reel
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice one matt. you dont have to worry about brown grass yet... you still have a mud lawn right? is larry onboard yet?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Train your dog to pee in the neighbor's yard. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts