close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

launch ramp at gnadahutten

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sauguy, Jul 22, 2004.

1. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

where exactly is the ramp on the tusc in gnadahutten? can't find it .

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Man, now you are in my neck of the woods.

If you come in town from the overpass ( rt 36), go to the square(first stop sign) take a right to stop sign go straight. The water treatment plant is there, road to the left of building goes down to the river. The ramp is not the best one ever. Actually more of a make shift ramp. If you are launching a boat there, I would not put in a big boat. A smaller boat, sure, but a $30,000 bass boat, better not. The river is not very deep right at the ramp area. I put my boat in there on tuesday night and had no problems. I am really new to boating in my own boat (launching and loading) so I guess that tells ya that it is ok!!! Let me know when you will be down this way, I will try to look you up. I live less than a block from the water plant!

3. The bend above the ramp is good fishing too.

4. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

i was not planning on putting my boat in there. the wife and i have for the last couple years thought about buying a canoe, but before i go to the expense, i am looking for put in and take out points. also is it floatable with out dams or such around there? thanks for any info.

5. There's lots of good put in/take out spots all over the Tusc.. Boat or canoe is a great way to get to the spots. I'm going down the mighty Tusc. in about 7 hours from now in a canoe. I'll let you know how it went.
    You might want to rent one at New Philly before you buy one. The Tusc. can be tricky in spots and fairly dangerous.

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

There are quite a few people who put in or take out canoes here in G-town! haha :p Some of them come from Phila (renting canoes) other also put in at Tuscarawas(Tusky) and come down here. Lots of awesome smallie water between tusky and gnaden! Can't say much about above tusky :eek: