Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two buddies and I fished Maumee Sunday afternoon (5-7 pm) and Monday opening whistle to 4 pm. On Sunday, we fished Bluegrass island and only snagged a few. After we left, we talked to a few fisherman and then drove to sidecut. Wow-guys had stringers all over and they said the fish moved up river. Maumee around Jerome Road was good too. We did not know where Jerome Road was so on Monday we fished the far west end of Sidecut, just below the rapids. During the morning, three guys next to me caught fish after fish and I only caught one and one of my buddies caught his 4. After a quick lunch break (about 1 pm), we went back out to the same spot. My other buddy and I caught a total of 5 fish with one being one ounce shy of 4 lbs. It seems all fish were hitting Carolina rigs with chartreuse floaters. It was fun for a day but I will not be back for a while - too many yahoos making long casts and snagging everybody. Hek, I was retying a jig and somebody snagged my line while it was out of the water. By the way, the water is fast and the rocks are slippery. Be safe and fish the legal way.....See ya

·
Banned
544 Posts
there's some good water just down river 200yrds of the rapids u were fishing at sidecut. between the bridge & the rapids you're refering to. very few snags, slower current and less swingin' dickes to deal with.
right now, while the water level is near normal, try using 5/8 to 1/2 oz of weight with your floater. i believe the key is slowing down the setup as it travels, keeping it in front of the fish longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts