close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Late Night Ramp Lurkers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Net, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based on some minor encounters me and a few others have had lately, I’m posting this message as a heads up to my fellow anglers.

For many of you, it has become a time honored tradition to drive down to the local ramp, dam, bridge, canal, etc, just to stop and bs with fellow anglers. I enjoy doing this too…..IN THE DAYTIME! I’m sorry, but everything changes after dark. If you approach me late at night while I am shore fishing alone or returning to my truck I WILL treat you as a hostile threat before I ask any questions or answer any of yours. I don’t have a CCW so this means my hunting knife will be unsheathed and held in the ready position as you approach me. Please understand that I’m not trying to pick a fight or act like a stud. It’s called self preservation. Once I determine you are not a threat I will sheathe my knife and apologize.

Thank you for understanding.

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I believe most people are good. Its that 5% or so you have to worry about. Its ashame the world has come to this, but it is very hard to trust anybody unless they first earn your trust anymore.

3. I totally understand your point of view. It's too bad this world has came to be a place where you have to act like that in order to feel safe!!:( What happened to the good ol days, even though I'm to young to have actually experience it as such. Ohh well, we still have it a lot better than some others.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I hear ya.

Attached Files:

5. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

What Het? no banana clips? lol

6. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Kinda hard to conceal this one.

Attached Files:

7. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

ha ha ha, now we're talkin!

8. :eek: Excuse me sir but that is my fishing hole! :D

9. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Maybe not anymore......:p

10. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

I firmly believe the world has gotten to state that it is in because of the lack of selective breeding. Many of the intelligent, responsible people who would make good parents hold off on having children because they pursue career routes to ensure stable financial situations for their future children then things come up and they end up having 1 or zero children. While the people who have yet to even figure out how to hold employment or operate a bar of deodorant start having children before they are out of high school, because mastering a package of birth control is too difficult, that or jesus told them birth control is a sin. which usually leads to them having 4-6 children most of which they cannot support and end up in social services. With the help of modern medication these children survive with less than effect gene's and the safety of the modern world they are protected from being weeded out by the usual natural method of disposing of non-evolved genetics I.E eating paint chips, cleaning a loaded gun, starving because they are unable to get their own food. so the world is left with a population that is 80% ignorant. These children then end up in social services where they grow up in hostile environments and resent a world because they are unable to fit into it, so they act out against society and display the traits of societies most undesirables. So really there is only one thing to do, next time you see someone in wal-mart with 1 tooth wearing an 80's belly jersey, looking in the Maternity section walk up and kick him in the nuts so that perhaps there will be one less person to rob you on the boat dock 10 years from now

11. Steve,
    which one of those is your "throw down"? :)

12. I was at Hoover nite fishing this summer and a couple of guys were pulling their boat out late and saw me on the rocks. Now, I was under a light not far from the docks but they insisted that I take a their can of pepper spray. "You can't be too careful" they said. I was sure this was a good neighborhood but they didn't seem to think it was safe enough for a girl to be out alone at night. I do carry a knife but they wouldn't leave until I took the pepper spray. You have to be cautious of your surrounding at all times. I make sure to have my cell handy and now my pepper spray ready if someone looks suspicious.

Usually you can tell what someones intentions are as soon as you say "Good Evening" and look them right in the face.

Growing up in the country gives you a different view of the world that might not always be reality. It really is a shame I just can't do what I want without having to worry about bad people doing me harm. :(

I do not like people to approach me after dark either. I definately don't approach anyone else.

13. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

What does that mean?

14. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

ask some of your neighbors down the block het lol

15. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Steve, where can I buy some chocolate guns like yours? :D
    Can you also get chocolate bullets? :D

With pepper spray make sure you are upwind of it before cutting loose!

16. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Those are sugar free.

17. Thank you. That's exactly the message I was hoping folks would take from this.

18. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Watch "Idiocracy".

19. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

your go to or favorite.

20. you know...a "throw down"..like when a bad cop shoots someone but uses an untraceable "piece"? ah...nevermind :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.