close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

last years big bass mounted by me

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by winkstyle, Jun 10, 2004.

1. i always wanted to do taxidermy and after 6 months of reading everything i could get my hands on this is the 2nd fish i did for myself last year.hasnt rotted yet.what do you think about the end result? final cost was about 1o dollars.bought chemicals,shaved down foam to exact measurements to stuff it,its eyes i got from hobby store.i plan to do the honey hole myself.[​IMG]

2. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

what were the stats on that hog?

3. Hey I Have To Say That It Doesnt Look Bad Bud, But I Do Have A Question For You....have You Colored The Entire Thing Yet?----are You Using A Sprayer Or Brushes?----i Have An Air Brush Here That I Never Use...i Picked It Up For Some Other Things I Was Doing And Never Used It....not Even Sure How To...but Anyway The Mount Looks Real Nice Just Curious About The Paint?-----good Job Buddy...tony

4. i never colured it.this bass was only 20 1/2 inches

5. hey mna, i would color the fish, it looks nice. i would definately comlete it, and if you dont want to keep it, put it on ebay and get rid of it. you could get about 30.00 for it.....of course you would probably want to keep your first one done eh......have a good one and good job....tony

6. britt

britt

That idea about e-bay made me think. I am not trying to open a can of worms(people here tend to get a little sensitive, here, at times guys).
    Being a "natural resource", would it be legal to sell a mounted fish? We all know its illegal to sell fish unless properly liscenced(comercial fisherman or whatever).
    I know that no one is talking about starting a business mounting and selling fish. However: To the legal mind one instance is the same as 100-just less offences.

britt