close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last day on the job!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish-N-Fool, Jan 14, 2005.

1. After 4 and half years today is the day. I just turned my keys over to the office manager & man it felt good!

Our owner sold the company without any notice to the employees. He called us in right before Christmas and told us he sold the company & as of 1/1/05 we worked for somebody else! Our benefits were reduced (major reduction) and worst of all we have to move downtown :mad:

I gave my notice the following Weds morning! I can't afford not to work, but I'm not being treated like that either!

Luckily, I found a new job in the same field and will start Monday. It's a little farther drive, but I feel fortunate to find another job so quickly with health insurance, etc...

Looks like I've got the rest of the afternoon to websurf. I haven't felt this good since I graduated from OSU! :D

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Good Deal and GOOD LUCK to you on your new job!! :cool:

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Wish I had marbles like that. Way to go and good luck with the new job!

4. Good luck on the new job and congrats for having the constitution to bite off a big chunk and spit it out. I did the same thing many years ago and never had reason to regret it. :)

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome for you! Hope all works out well! :)

6. surfs up!!!! have fun...
    fish4wall

7. Thanks guys!

Just a couple more hours now,and then....roughly 40 more years :eek:

8. You were extremely fortunate to find a job so quickly in this market. But, don't let luck take all the credit. Something in your resume and your interview told this new company that this was the "right man" for the job. Be proud of that. It seems that owners nowadays keep everything under lock and key until the last minute. That's why I told my wife (also an OSU grad) to look for a new job and she is having some success, although it is in Cincy. Not that Cincy is all bad, but I love Columbus. Being close to the university really is cool because you can always bet your old friends and family will be back around September through November at least.

But good luck at your new job!

Eric

9. catking

catking Banned

Good luck to you this coming year ;) ........ DA KING !!!

10. "what happened to on politics in thr forums?"

harry1- to what are you refering?

11. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

...er, sorry harry1. I hit your "edit" button instead of "Post Reply ". ;) Its late.........I guess I need to go to bed. :D

BTW- best of luck on your new job!

12. aaagghhhhh :eek: :p :D

CONGRATS man...
    MY company was bought out over 5 years ago and went from 70+ employees to 20 and now after Feb it will be down to 7...
    I am at #8 and will be back and they even say may not get the ax... I can't be out too long or GULP... Been there too long to go anywhere else after 17 years and looking for at least 3 more...

13. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

best of luck, and hats off.....