close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last Day of Squirrels

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by fshnteachr, Jan 31, 2008.

1. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Anyone going out today to bust up some squirrels for the last time this season?

2. I may head out for one last shot at them. We only took about 10 or 12 out of our woods this year, so there's still plenty & I wouldn't mind a couple more meals worth. They should be very active just ahead of this big front coming in.
    Good luck all,
    Tim

3. Got me two squirrels with my crossbow yesterday while deer hunting for the last time this season.they werre active and very tasty.total this yer I got about 10.

4. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I went out yesterday....hoping to get something on the last day. Well....check this out.....I was sitting forever with no luck, and decided to do some "stalking" through the woods. Well, I come across a nice sized Fox Squirrel who sees me and runs off into some thick brush....I hit the ground and wait to see if he'll come out. About 1 minute later a shotgun blast goes off nearly 20 yeards away!! Scared the h*ll out of me!! A minute later another shot goes off and shot rains down on me!!! I yell out, "hunter over here, stop firing!" No reply...I decide I need to get out of there....as I head out, another shot!! I hightail it out of there!!

Wouldn't hunter ettiquette be for the shooter to acknowledge me?? I know anyone can walk into someone's spot, especiialy on public land, but I was bothered that they did not yell back.