close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Last Chevy Cavailer roll's of the line at Ohio's GM Plant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JV1, Oct 6, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Thank god! :D

I'm a diehard GM owner/fan, and those cavs were pretty dated. Cobalt looks like a much nicer ride for the money, less the zortman "my car doesn't go fast enough to need a wing but it does anyways" model. :D

I saw GM is also making a Saturn Red Line series for their Ion's and Vue. 205/250 HP respectively if memory serves. Same engine as that higher end cobalt Joe?

2. JV1

JV1

I think GM is gonna use the same engines in all of it's small car's now, making the SS with an optional supercharged engine....... the cav's were GM's #1 seller and we made and sold over 5 million cars, They were spoken for months before they were built ..... roughly 500 cars per 8 hour shift x 3 shifts = 1500 chevys per day ... hopefully the cobalt will follow suit and keep OHIO #1 on the list ... Im a truck man myself... but I must admit these "test " cobalts are sharp... Full production awaits starting monday

3. JV1

JV1

Hey I just noticed....Im an OGF senior member now? wow how did that happen? lol

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

We did it to make the OLD guys like Dale and Shortdrift not feel so alone ;)

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Shake:
    Someday you to will be old! Just wait. Hey- any day above ground is a good day. :D

6. JV1

JV1

If dale and shortfrift are old...... then what does that make misfit? Young enough to whoop me when he reads this???

7. Yeah but if you stay away long enough he will forget why he wanted to whoop you. :D

8. JV1

JV1

LOL fishintiger....... thanks....... now you in line for a butt whoopin to........ while he is working you over I will run like the wind