close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Largest lake with motor restrictions in Ohio?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RWBlue, Jun 26, 2005.

1. What is the largest lake with motor restrictions in Ohio?

I am looking for a spot to canoe, camp and fish over the 4th and would prefer not to deal with drunks behind the wheel, jet skiers, boat wakes.

Thanks

2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

probably pymatuning is the biggest with a 10 hp limit.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yep,pymatuning.

4. Ft Loramie is pretty nice. Theres not a hp limit but who wants to jet-ski in 4ft of water. Good luck getting a campsite. Glenn

5. Where is Ft. Loramie?

How does Hover rank?

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hoover would be ideal,with very light pressure,good fishing,no crazies,but also no camping :(
    closest camping that i know of is alum or buckeye,but they'll be packed.alum would be a short drive from hoover if yopu wanted to commute to fish.
    piedmont is another option,but i'm not sure of camping facilities.

7. I am a Hilliard resident. I guess I will have to commute from home and avoid the humidity, and bugs.

I understand that the crappie season is over. What is bighting at Hover?

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

plenty of crappies can still be caught.just a different pattern than springtime/spawn.
    i.e. deeper water mostly.also gills,bass,white bass,cats and eyes.

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

10. :rolleyes:

What is with me? I am heading to the boundary waters in September. I would prefer to play in OH before I go up to MN. Having Canoed and Kayaked in places like O’Shaughnessy and Rock Fork, Scioto River, Big Darby creek, Paint creek lake and creek, Ross lake, Deer creek AND the Ocean, I would prefer to go to somewhere that I will not get run over.

What is with you? It appears like you have a problem with Kayakers and Canoers.

11. gofish

gofish claude

Some cranky fellers on here or what?

12. Head an hour West to Kiser. No motors at all. Sails or oars. There is camping but may be full for the 4th. Ft Laramie is about 45 min NW of Kiser.

13. I second bowhazard -

head to Kiser, it is a yak fisherman's dream - no boat traffic, light pressure, good camping facilities, and a good fishery.