close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lanterns???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by freyedknot, Nov 27, 2004.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i would like to get a lantern, rechargeable preferred to use on the boat. are the colemans any good . any reccomedations for a 12 volt lite to plug in on the boat would be good too. i want a good light for the night bite. it,s the easiest time to catch big eyes, and i don't have to travel far, or offshore.

2. I have a Coleman electric that operates on D call batteries. It works great and gives off a nice level of light. Don't know about the rechargeable. You might also consider a Black Light. I'll have mine rigged on a mounting post for next year. I think the black light might be the ideal choice.

3. Van,i Have A Coleman Rechargable Fluorescent On My Boat..its A Nice Light But By Itself Is Not Enough Light..i Carry 2 Rechargable Spotlights That Can Also Run By My Cigarette Lighter..plus I Use A Strap On Aa Battery Light..also Have A Floor Light Thats Built In On The Floor.can Nevr Have 2 Many Lights...

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I like my coleman lantern. it has two small fluorescent tubes. turn one or both on.

it puts out a good amount of light for shore fishing or ice fishing. never had it on a boat.

it takes 8 D cell batteries. it runs a long time! never actually had it die out on me.

i bought rechargeable batteries for it. the batteries were more expensive than the lantern.

rechargeable D cells seem hard to come by nowadays, although i did find some at best buy recently.

5. you can get 12 volt light bulbs at walmart there 50 watt and under 2 dollers put them in one of those metale light things with the clamp on them and u have a 12 volt light for about 6 dollers that will last for about 2 years and will be bright enough to c all your rods the bulbs are in the rv section

6. larry2473

larry2473 nw ohio flatheads

I dont now if you are interested but when i go catfishing i use a black light it has 2 tubes one black the other is just regular flourescent you can use either or but the black light will make flourescent line look like it glowing and you can use the blue flourescent line works well that way you can see your line real good and not have alot of light but you can use the flourecent light to help see alittle bit more inside the boat

7. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

Like lark said , I use one of the clamp on work lights that can be bought @ wal mart for 6 bucks, with a 50 wat rv 12 volt bulb - lights up the whole inside of my 14' smokercraft, with the option of moving it just about anywhere you need the light - its cheap,does the job, and if you put battery clamps on it, it can double as a 12 volt trouble light under the hood of the ol' pick up truck !!!! FYI, 'Rude Dog

8. freyedknot

thanx guys, the walmart lite sounds like the real deal for me . both for hunting and fishing.you guys are great.van

9. is their a lantern that lasts for hours. i would like to do some night ice fishing and i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions. alos where can u buy then at dicks or gander mt.

10. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

hey peple i use mine for night ice fishing and it lasts a very long time. actually i dont know how long it will stay lit but i know it lasts at least 6 hours, possibly much more. i never ran it dead. i think i bought mine at dicks, cant remember. its very bottome heavy with those 8 D cells in it, so it doesnt tip over easy and it stays put. i like it.

11. freyedknot

i baught the 12 volt rv bulb and the clamp on light . it should suit my needs just fine for fishing and duck hunting. thanx again for some great tips and ideas.