close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Land For Sale?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Portage Lakes, May 12, 2004.

1. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

Anyone know of a good source to buy land anywhere in South-East Ohio? I don't really mind what type of land it is as (ie: woods or open) long as it is rural and not many people around. I would like at least 2-3 acres for recreation and camping as I want to put a small lake for fishing and a small observatory for my telescope on it. Reclamated land and strip mine land is all ok!

A big thanks to anyone that can come up with an idea of a website link or company name or any other idea's as I am having trouble finding land for sale in SE Ohio.

Thanks,
    Portage Lakes.........

2. Can you narrow down exactly where you want to be? I could possibly refer you to a couple of Banks that lend on land. They might be able to help you find some in that area!

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

There are plots of land all over the place down here that are for sale. I don't think you'll have a problem finding something at a reasonable price.

4. Bruner Land Co http://www.brunerland.com/ out of Byesville Ohio a suburb of Cambridge also saw something on a billboard in Zanesville about land auction (think it's reclaimed land being sold)

5. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

also go to the county sheriffs office see when and where they hold their auction on property that has fallen behind on taxes......... :cool:

6. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

CPTN,
    I am looking in the general area of Guernsey County or any county next to Guernsey.

Downtown,
    Great link, thanks, I will check a few of those out.

Shadowman,
    Good suggestion thanks.

PL............

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

These land companies buy large tracts of land, subdivide it, mark up the price by 100-400%(or more) and place "protective covenants for your protection".
    They also charge 10% interest on 5 year balloon loans. Not a good deal.
    But, they can give you a good idea on what's available and where.
    Then go check the sheriff's office or go buy a local newspaper in the area you're interested in. You might get the best deal at a low attended auction.
    If you are looking for large tracts, I used $500 an acre for undeveloped land as a benchmark. Depending on ponds, rivers or old growth timber, the price can vary.
    Then pay cash. Banks don't like to lend money for undeveloped land where there are few people around.
    The beacon journal on Saturday has a real estate section. They list small towns, rural areas near the back. Bruner and Country Time always have ads.