close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lakevision

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Has anyone experienced the change in Lakevision? What happened to the various cameras with the lake views?

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

All the Erie cameras were working when I visited the website a couple minutes ago, except for PIB the date says 2/18/08. Woody finally took the camera off his boat cleaning products :) What are you experiencing ?:confused:

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

It works fine for me.

The Crib Cam is another story. I haven't been able to get a picture there for months.

4. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

That's weird I looked at Crib Cam twice today and worked fine, same as Krusty on Lakevision as well.

maybe you need a plug in or something Steve ?? :confused:

5. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

Crib cam is working fine for me. Sometimes I have to hit the refresh button, but it's still working. I checked out lake vision yesterday, all was good also.

6. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Are you trying to find some open water to launch that new boat?:)

The link at the top of the Erie forum works for me.

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

It used to work fine for me. A few months ago it stopped. I still get the Crib Cam page, but where the picture is supposed to be is just grey.

8. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I can't get it at work but it works fine at home. Seems like someone said something about a Java script needed changing. Anyone else know about that?

9. Hook N Book

Okay, when did the links in the Erie forum change. They've been condensed, Shortdrift. They are there just under a different header. Shake must be at it again...! :D You have to take it easy on us older fellows...and give us a warning! ;)

10. cw261

cw261 Member

11. Well I found out what was wrong. Lakevision.net is where the cameras and weather report is. Lakevision.com brings up a display of hands on a keyboard.

Now I have no idea how .com replaced .net as I have had lakevision.net as my home for the last year.

In addition, there is a sound when I select from favorites when the .com is up. No sound with .net.

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I downloaded java. Now I can get a still photo, but no live crib cam.

13. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Hook,

You are correct, Shake was busy:D

I am confused however. When I use the Lakevision link at the top of the Erie forums it is the .com link and the cameras and weather, etc is all there. Ron says he only gets hands and a keyboard with .com and get the cameras and weather with .net. I don't understand why it would different for some. Pappascott stated something similar yesterday about that link.

14. Hook N Book

Scott and Ron, are correct. I just went there using that link and it showed the same thing you're saying. :confused:

15. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Now I'm even more confused, thanks.:)

What are Ron and Scott right about? That is a scary question right there:D

Did the link on the Erie forum, ( .com) give you all of the cameras etc.?

16. cw261

cw261 Member

The Lakevision.com link from the erie page gives me this, not the cameras

Attached Files:

17. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Could it be a browser issue?

When I click the link it goes to Lakevision.com and all is there as always

18. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Kimmy and I just tried something....

I pinged lakevision.com from my machine, he pinged it from his. We BOTH got the domain resolved to different IP's.

Tells me there's something up with the DNS and routing on the internet. When I ping lakevision.net, I get the SAME IP as Kimmy does pinging lakevision.com

Hope that wasn't toooo geek :D

19. Hook N Book

That's it Carl...I was just too lazy to post a pic, since I'm in the middle of a batch of Honey Panko fried chicken...Buk buk...! :D Details at 11...! :cool: ;)

20. Hook N Book

Dude, That was Geek most maximus...what did you just say...! :D
    Oooop's, Panko is calling...! ;)