Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at the gym this morning and overheard a conservation between 2 dudes and one said that lakeshore was closed. i butted in (yea, i know ME butt in:D ) and asked him if he was talking about ashtabulas ramp. he said yea, the lake was smooth as glass, the parking lot was empty and there was a sign saying the ramp and the store were closed due to lack of business. i asked him when was this and he told me a while ago. whatever that means. i was interupting so i didn't question him too much. i have the bait shop on speed dial, so i called and the number i have is still out of service. so i guess my question is...is the bait shop and ramp closed? i know i can launch out of ARU, ARC or whatever it is on the river, but lakeshore is right on the lake and a straight shot up rt.11 for me. any info would be great. thanks. anybody getting any eyes off bula yet??

·
Registered
26 Posts
it's closed as of last Monday............no business, because it has not been dregged. They told me about a week ago that it was supposed to be done, but still waiting.

You might be able to launch a small boat there, but since it's closed they might ticket you???

ARU is $6.00, and they are dregging the Ash. river, so take great care heading to the lake. Hoses everywhere, and channel is poorly marked. Good part is that in parts it's about 13' deep now.

Stan

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks On Erie. a lot of bottom to dredge there, i was kicking up sand in october last year until i got past the first wall. any idea on a time frame for the dredge at lakeshore?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts