Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturdays Lakes opener is pending review as to whether we will cancel it or not due to weather. We will make the final determination on Fri afternoon when I get home from work and post here around 5-6pm. As of now, we are fishing. Cold weather fishing is part of being a Bass Master and we are going to make every effort to make this happen. Thanks! Louie:)

·
Registered
878 Posts
You gotta fish as long as there ain't six inches of snow on the ground!
Seperate the men from the boys!:p
Regardless of the weather, pigs will abound at weigh-in!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Trailering 100 boats from around the region in the cold isn't a problem- but add any kind of morning accumulation of snow or ice...then your in danger zone.

Folks get excited and anxious in the morning every event- throw in a dangerous drive and icy ramps, it's a mixture for probs that even Louis and his crew can't fix.

Grandpa always said after lightening struck nearby "no fish is worth your life"

I'm going with grandpa on this one.

Nip

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sat event at Portage is cancelled. I agree cold is no reason to cancel an event, but there is more at stake than fishing. There is lake effect snow predicted for the entire weekend and many (if not 1/2) are coming from regions effected by this. This makes driving conditions, while pulling a rig, quite treacherous. My concern is safty first, fish second. This was not an easy decision to make, but I am the one responsible to make the decision. Its not about separating the men from the boys, its about making a responsible decision for everyone. Not everyone has 4 wheel drive, or road experience on ice, not to mention ice conditions at the ramp. We're looking at May 6th as a replacement date at another lake. More details when permits are secured. Sorry! Louie :(

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Dick just reported the stats of this Lake Effect- looks like tomorrow will be the bear of the week as well.

Good...no, GREAT decision, to not let a little green fish turn the start of the year into a disaster.

Prayers for Powerhouse please:p

Nip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts