Lakes Trail Berlin Results...anglers get nipped!

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by lakeslouie, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Well, well. Our own Nipididdee and partner win the Berlin qualifier by a mere 1/2 lb. with a solid 2lb average. Out of the field of 76 teams, there was 23 six bas limits caught and only a handful of teams blanked. Fishing was good cept the average size was down for this lake. There was lots of 2-3lb smallies weighed. Many reported catching fish shallow by flipping while others said they got theirs by drop-shot in the 10fow range. On a side note: I probably fished through one of the hardest rainstorms in my life. No lightning or thunder, just the thunder of a hard pounding rain for a solid 1/2hr. I think everyone got pretty wet. Then the sun eventually popped out and it got hot and dried everyone out. Event paid 9 places and 4 big basses. All in all it was a nice day and a nice tournament.
    Here are your top 5 and big basses:

1st- Rory Franks and Joe Engler 12.30 $1200. *
    2nd- Steve Hatfield and Steve Westfield 11.81 $1000.
    3rd- Mark Tharp and Mike Tharp 11.60 $800.
    4th- Randy Tillman and Bruce Johnson 10.35 $600.
    5th- Mark Balas and Eric Leicht 9.69 $500.
    :B Big Bass- Dave Galica 3.61 $760.
    2nd BB - Rory Franks 3.09 $450.

*In addition to the winning check, Rory Franks will receive an additional $1200. for fishing out of a qualifying Stratos Boat in the 2X your winnings program offered by Stratos.

Pionts and Pics should be available by end of week at:
    www.dobass.com

2. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Congradulations Rory & Joe and everyone else that placed! :) WB

3. Thanks for the accolades! Especially to Joe!!! ;) Just one of those days where nothing could go wrong, I couldn't even blow up my motor or hit a tree!!! :)

Lakes Trail Berlin points are now posted. Just got pics from the other Q's they will be posted this week as well.

http://www.dobass.com/LAKESTRAIL.html

nip