close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lakes/Creeks near Twinsburg

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AZ to OH, Jan 24, 2005.

1. hey guys, i would like to know if there are any smallmouth lakes/creeks around twinsburg. we will be in our new house in March, and i would like to know a few waters before i get there. thnaks for your help!

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Hey welcome to Twinsburg. I think you'll like the area.

As far as smallmouth creeks, we have tinkers creek, runs right through here, a trib of the cuyahoga river, which is very small and unfortunately has a lot of pollution but also has some smallmouth although i personally dont know where. Also, lake Erie has smallmouth.

There are a lot of lakes around for other species besides Erie which are within 30 to 60 minutes drive. mostly south and east of here.

A lot of the lakes that arent too far include Erie, LaDue, Mogadore, the portage lakes, West Branch, Punderson, Mosquito, hmmmmm and more....

im not sure if any of these lakes hold much smallmouth, though.

Oh and i almost forgot, stay tuned to this board around late spring/early summer and youll read about the smallie runs in the Rocky river. the rocky is about 30 mins. west of here.

3. Well, Lake Erie is of course the best bet for smallies. Also, take a good look at the Lake Erie tributaries for good smallies in wadable water. I like the Grand River but Rocky, Chagrin etc. offer plenty of good fishing for smallies and rock bass. Conneaut is good too but it's a longer drive. The Erie tribs get some pressure from Steelheaders in fall and especially in early to mid spring but otherwise they don't get too much pressure. There's a good chance for big smallies in the tribs during pre-spawn. I guess those steelhead are fun to catch too but I'm still figuring out how to do it:)

Closer to Twinsburg you've also got the Cuyahoga River. You'll have to find the spots for smallies but there are some there in wadable areas. Perhaps more smallies are availible from a small boat but I've not boated the river. There's also northern pike in the 'hoga and I had so much fun catching them I didn't mind that I wasn't catching many smallies. The pike were smallish but still fun to catch.

Lake Milton is your best small water lake for smallies around there I think. I didn't fish Milton too much but caught quite a few smallies from shore on my few trips.

I only lived in that area for 2 years before moving on up to Cleveland so I'm sure there are lots of small streams and whatnot that I didn't get around to finding. I mostly hit the Erie shorelines and tribs now.

One more thing: there are some REALLY good lakes (by Ohio standards anyway) for LM bass right around there, namely Mogadore, LaDue, Mosquito and Portage lakes. So if you don't mind catching LMs there's no shortage of bass in the area. I imagine Ladue has some smallies too.

Steve

4. There is alot of good smallie fishing close to you I've been fishing in the Cuy for years lots of smallies alot in the 1 to 11/2 lbs range BUT very good idea to wear waders fish the river and in the fall trout come up the river and welcome to ohio hope you like winter cuz we sure have it here lol lol lol

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

AZ to OH

WELCOME TO OHIO & OGF

The Cuyahoga River from the city of Kent down to passed the Edison Dam on the south side of the city of Cuyahoga Falls is good. Most of the bigger ones are below the 4 dams in the deep holes. You may pick up a Pike or two fishing there.

If you want to have some help there or get some Flatheads on the Ohio River just ask.

6. There's some smallies in Ladue. They're usually on the smaller side, though. Here's some big ones:
    http://www.dobass.com/april2603.html

The 4th place team had a limit of all nice smallies.
    I've gone out there before and caught 20 smallies in a day, but not one over 12 inches. The biggest I've ever caught was only 15 inches, but they are out there.
    LaDo

7. hey guys, thanks for all the info! ive heard of mogadore alot and i may go in my float tube for some bass and panfish on my fly rod.

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

give me a holler when you go, i am always in that neck of the woods

9. The Cuyahoga River has a remarkable number of smallmouth bass in it. One of the best ways to fish it is with a canoe, which can be rented at Camp Hi Livery (I think they are still around). Many people in Northeastern Ohio think the river is the industrial river that burned, but the eastern section of the river that flows south toward Kent actually is beautiful. It flows through hills, farmland, and forest. Taking the canoe on this float trip, one finds it hard to believe that you are only about 30 - 40 minutes from downtown Cleveland. There are also Northern pike, large mouth and crappie to be had, as well as catfish. Check it out...it's really a hidden gem.

10. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

when i lived in twins. i had tinkerscreek in the back of my apartments, i pulled out alot of big smallies and alot of crappie out of it......

11. hey great thread guys. I just recently moved to richfield and I am gonna love going to the cuyahoga for smallies in the spring. As for right now the rocky has my name on it for steelies and for smallies come spring/summer. If anyone can pm me for some good smallie holes I'd be greatful. Good God am I happy I found these boards.