close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake White in Waverly

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flathead King 06, May 26, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Just wondering if anyone had information regarding this lake...did a little research and found that is the lake that produced the state record spot in 78 and is a state park now that offers "good catches of bluegills, crappie, largemouth bass, and catfish", but thats just what I've been able to find on the web through the dnr, drove by it today and it looks like it's down about 20' due to some road work in the upper end of it???...any insight would be great...also since it's in the area...does anyone have any good flathead areas in the scioto river across the road from lake white?

2. i live about 10 or so minutes from there and i have herd of people fishing that area but i myself have only fished there a couple of times but no real big fish. probably would have better cat luck in the sciota i have cought a couple of nice ones in that area. as far as blue gill go i would say that you can catch them like crazy any where. me personally i would probably just go to paint creek or deer creek and fish, i seem to have better luck there.

3. Flathead King 06

yea thats what i figured...to stay with the scioto and deer creek for cats...since they are big producers for the area...but to not take any fishing spots, but yuo have any advise on areas to fish the scioto for big flatheads?...i figured a good area would be where it dumped into the ohio and where there are overpass pillars in the water which create back flow and around all the brush and downed timber

4. if i cat fish i usually go to the ohio river if you are familiar with the chillicothe area there are some deep holes behine the prison but you have to have a john boat to get to it and where the sciota meets the ohio is a very good spot cough one about 25 to 30 lbs out of there last year

5. Flathead King 06

would u happen to know anything about the serpentine wall (i hope i have that right) ? just wondering becasue i saw a few pics on here of some bruiser cats coming from that area...but thanks for the info...yea the area where it dumps in seems to be a great place from an above view...may proove to be something different underneath the surface but it looks good, i figured a few dozen gills and a few cold ones (pops of course...too young to drink) and you could have a prettyy enjoyable time there by looks

6. dont have any experience with that area that you are talking about but that part of the sciota by the river is great and i know what ya mean by the too young to drink i sill have like 4 or 5 months till im leagle lol but any ways good luck with those cats

7. I live about 5 min from lake white...there is a lot of cats in there, but they are mostly all channel (use to stock that lake)...They have lowered the lake about 50 ft to do some repair on the lower end, been this way for a while...just now starting to fill it back up with water....If you do decide to give it a try, because I have seen some decent(20-30lb) fish come out of there...try the area where st rt 104 meets that other road closest to waverly where the repair is bein done. For the scioto there are many deep holes from there all the way down past my house(5 miles or so)...just got to pick and choose....need some better info just pm me