close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake St. Clair

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by mert73, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Hello to all, I am planning to take my son fishing on Lake St. Clair in the next week or so and I have never fished there. Is there a ramp in St. Clair Shores and can you fish along that shoreline for bass or whatever? I do not have a large boat and have used it in the Detroit River but I'm hoping to maybe tie into some bass and other types of fish with spinner baits and tubes along St. Clair Shores's shoreline. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. I am not sure where St. Clair shores is but when I was up there this year for the first time we put in at metro park. Super nice facilities although there is a vehicle and boat fee, but it is easily accessible and nice. WE caught a few LM in the canals and did well on smallies out in the lake. We were in a 16.5' bass boat with a 115hp.

Defiantly planning on a trip next year

BTW the ramp was right off of the main road that goes up through Detroit (can't remember the name)

3. Mert73 There is a very nice state ramp in crocker just above the shores. It empties out into the lake and there are canals you can also fish if the lake is rough. LM in the canals and smallies in the lake. It puts you right at the "MILES" as the locals call it. Spinnerbaits and tubes over the top of weed beds in 6' to 9' OFW.I too only have a 16.5' tin boat but fish the lake 2 to 3times a year

Let Em Live

4. Thanks for the info, can't wait to go!