close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake St Clair

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by moe1078, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Will be fishing Lake St Clair in Canada this weekend. This will be the first time I have been there and have heard some great things about it. To quote Kevin Van Dam. " Not only can I have 100 fish days, I have 100 fish of over 4lbs days" I will let you know how it goes.

2. Moe, heading up there myself this weekend only fishing the US side. I heard the mayfly's were bad but have not seen any posts about it anywhere. Good luck and let us know how you do!

3. Went there last week for the bass opener. Very tough fishing compared to other years. Opening day no one caught more than one keeper however on Sunday the lake calmed down and I had four between 16 & 18" by noon. Most boats iIsaw were tubbing but I was using jerk baits and covering more water off 6 mile road. Watched a tourney weigh in and most had around 10 LBS per boat, one team had about 20LBS to win it. I think they just came off span and should pick up.

4. Well friday was great we were catching nice smallies in and around the reeds. Saturday and Sunday a nasty wind came blowing through and made fishing very tough I only caught 1 smallie the next 2 days and a few largemouth. The water was pretty stained for st clair. I will get up there again sometime hopefully it will be a little better.

5. Fished Sat most of the day and Sun til noon. Two of us only had 13 fish total. Not good for St. Clair. Not sure what was going on. The BFL was there this last weekend and I would have been in the top 20! I probably had a bag of 13-14lbs. Sunday was worse though I only caught 4 and my partner was skunked. Never thought anyone could get skunked on St. Clair. Heading up again Weds and again with the wife this weekend. Hopefully they will turn on.

6. We go up there every september, and catch the smallies,pike,walleye,lm, and even a few muskie. We fish the gradule dropoffs with tubes, and the deep drop offs with weeds on them slow rolling white spinnerbait. It really is a fun fishing trip.
    bobby

7. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

In 2003 three buddies and I fished opening weekend for bass on U.S. side and the fishing was spectacular. 50 to 75 fish per person per day ranging from 1.5 to 4.0 lbs. Heck I started the first day on the lake with a 42" muskie caught on a Husky Jerk and 8 lb test - photo and released! Late on the second day I caught and released a 12 lb pike. All our bass were released although I did keep two 19" walleye.

It was by far the most incredible weekend of fishing I've ever experienced. We followed up that trip with a fall trip in '03 and five of us managed maybe 8 smallmouths, 3 largemouths, 3 muskies and a pike. We struggled the entire weekend although I think we raised 11 or 12 muskies total.