Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Never got a bite trolling the Trolling Girl's buck tails off the riggers. That was disappointing as I really thought that would produce. Tried, anywhere from 15-50 feet behind the ball all morning. Nothing.

The 4.5" boss shads off the TX44 boards are doing so well though. Incredible bait. (We are generally running 5 at a time). Stopped using tuff shads all together.

Had 2 great rips on a 20 year old Loke lure. Didn't get either fish. Finally figured out, hooks were dull. Ugh!! it's really the little things that dictate success

·
Searchin for Skees & Eyes
1,542 Posts
Never got a bite trolling the Trolling Girl's buck tails off the riggers. That was disappointing as I really thought that would produce. Tried, anywhere from 15-50 feet behind the ball all morning. Nothing.

The 4.5" boss shads off the TX44 boards are doing so well though. Incredible bait. (We are generally running 5 at a time). Stopped using tuff shads all together.

Had 2 great rips on a 20 year old Loke lure. Didn't get either fish. Finally figured out, hooks were dull. Ugh!! it's really the little things that dictate success
I recently learned a lesson on this too, was using a 12" suick and was stubborn to get it running right,, after 5-6 casts and weight & tail adjustments I got it set and really liked the
action.. Now understand that ive owned Suicks for......18+ years and have used them for MAYBE 3 hours total.. Its sad, I know.. LOL
So i start casting and send a long cast parallel with a log jam and I'm ripping it hard and about my 3rd rip I feel weight on it and pull back as hard as I can..

This fish launches itself out of the water full length exposed...Its EYES are EYE LEVEL with me on my little boat - my estimation 45-48" minimum. I'm 5'-11" and my front deck sits about a foot above water level...so the fish could of been much bigger- But I digress!

It immediately gets off... UGGGH I just sat down and shook my head for awhile and finally looked at my suick..
2 things- My hooks were not sharpened or T'd. That fish crushed its head and was only on the front hook.
I sat there for 15min working on that and now its ready for the next strike,,, in another 18 years? LOL!

That fish instilled faith in a lure that i should of mastered many years ago, last year i spent the time and energy installing weight inserts into both ends of them,

Just wanted to share this with folks that understand my pain.
Tight lines.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts