Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
swamp crawler
2,178 Posts
Hit the points for eyes, and go slow. I haven't fished it for eyes In a while, but I hear it's went down hill. I've never fished it specifically for crappie, but I've seen some nice ones pulled from there.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I have fished this lake a lot growing up now living in Columbus I only fish it once or twice a year. I haven't caught an eye in it in a long time. There is a good number of bass and gills with a few crappie. The last time I was there I even caught a handful of perch. This lake used to be Hocking College Playground - Not sure if they are still messing with it or not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We used to fish snowden back in the late 80's early 90's. crappie fishing was good using slip bobbers and minnows fished about 12 feet deep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went to Snowden yesterday. Caught a bunch of bluegill and short bass nothing real exciting. I caught a small bluegill that got hooked in the gills so I cut it in half for bait. Ended up landing a 22" channel cat within 5 minutes of casting it out! It was a fun fight on a 5'6" light action rod and 6lb braided line.
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1494250829.536907.jpg
. Has me roaring and ready to load the boat with catfish!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've caught bass, perch, bluegill, crappie, and cats at snowden. Although ive tried for a long time, have never caught a saugeye there; but have heard of others catching them. I have better luck with saugs at Lake Rupert.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a blast fishing Snowden last night with my wife and daughter. We ended up with only 2 keeper channel cats and a bunch of shorts. We did land a 36" shovel head. It was fun chasing it across the lake trying to catch it on our jug line
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1495912626.844040.jpg
we took some photos and released it back into the lake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts