close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Snowden questions?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmason, May 2, 2004.

1. Im from SW ohio and havent had a chance to fish snowden. Im hoping my dad will be bringin our boat down this weekend for the good weather and im wondering if anybody can give me a quick run down?

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

It's a pretty neat little lake. I've done some electro shocking on it from a boat, and there are some REALLY REALLY nice bass in there. I'm talking 5, 6, and 7lb class fish - no joke. There is a lot of vegitation later on in the year and I hardle ever hear of anyone catching LMB's of that caliber out of them, but I've seen them with my own eyes.

There is also some decent yellow perch fishing in there as well, if you can get yourself in the right spots - I've never found one so I can't help ya out in that area.

The bluegill fishing is great, but a majority of them are dinks. There are some nice crappie (both white and black), but they too, are hard to find.

Last I heard the DNR stocked saugeyes in there, but I havn't heard anything about them - so you might want to look into that.

3. Hi- This is my first post to the site, been enjoying everyones discussion, thought maybe I could put in my two cents worth on this one, seeing how I have been on Snowden three times in the last three weeks. I live between Albany and Athens so it it close and quick top get on. I have caught a few small bass so far, seems to me a bit slow, but could just be me?! It is a nice lake, it is a "NO WAKE" lake no matter what the horsepower is. It is under the direction of the Hocking Tech College I believe, so they seem to monitor things pretty closely. It does has a really nice ramp, a metal grate type. Water temp last week was 61 degrees. Water was really high,but now seems normal. I think they have a slot of 12-15 inch, believe there is a sign at launch. Watercraft inspector was there pretty much all day, acouple of weeks ago on Sat., so be sure your legal and equipt, which you should be any way of course. Here is a link to a online map that is pretty nice:

http://www.gofishohio.com/lakemaps/lakeSnowden.jpg

Well. hope this helps a bit.

4. thanks guys im a former GFO member and im glad to see this site up and running very well. Im glad that this type of information can be shared, and fisherman or fisherwomen can access it.
    just my two cents.

i think ill be up at snowden this week and weekend so ill post a report afterwards. Also I may check out other close lakes.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

would be nice to hear about it. I've only fished it a few times on "soft" water. I like it for ice fishing, cause there are a lot of gills in there.