close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Rupert, Vinton County

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishinbubba, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Has anyone been on Lake Rupert in Vinton County yet? I live in Scioto County and hauled my boat up there two weeks ago only to find the lake was froze over. I have been rode hard by my friends since. I haven't fished the lake before, but I want to try. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Remember, always find time to take a child fishing.

2. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

My uncle lives about a mile from Rupert, I called him today he said that most of the ice was gone. Given the temp today I'd say it's all gone. As for the lake I've fished it a couple dozen times. Good crappie, decent bass, decent channel cats, and there are some Saugeye in there, not sure on how well I've never targeted them but caught a couple while fishing for other stuff. The dam sides is good, if your bank fishing it's a bit of a walk, but with a boat it's no problem. Water on the opposite side flattens out really shallow for a large portion of that side decent bass fishing in the spring. the cove that shoots out from the middle is a good place for night time cat fishing. Not sure how much help that gives you it's not my home lake but I have hit a quite a few times with the uncle.

3. Great to hear about the ice. I wanted to go there tomorrow, but they are calling for alot of rain. I have Monday off; sounds like a good day to go. I will take the boat back up there. I fish Hammertown and Jackson lake alot. I am always looking for a new water. Thanks for the information.

4. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Hey fishinbubba. A friend of mine told me that Jackson Lake used to have quite-a-few braggable sized bass in it. Well, is it true?

5. Well JignPig, If you conside a 12" bass braggable, then it is a good lake. The largest I have caught there the last four years has been 15". It is a decent crappie lake. It is a short drive for me to take the kids fishing and the love fishing for crappie. I have had better luck at Hammertown as far a bass size. but Jackson has a better boat ramp.

Remember, we must all find time to take a child fishing.