close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Ontario Salmon

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Big Daddy, May 1, 2004.

1. I posted pix in the gallery.

Decent salmon fishing to be had up there. In 3 days, we caught 26. No big bruisers, but between 8-12 pounds. Great eaters.

Got them in Canada, as the warmer water was over there, in front of the Welland Canal. They're starting to pick up Browns on the mudline near shore at first light. We got the salmon in 35-50 fow, fishing spoons and crankbaits, trolling them between 25 and 45 ft down. Great fighters, that's for sure.

Anyway, fun trip, caught fish, and the grill is calling.

We launched out of Ft. Niagra and were on the fish within 15 minutes.

Check out the pix. Some decent fish.

Carl

2. catking

catking Banned

Sounds like you all had a good trip. Glad to have you back. I'll go check out them pics ;) CATKING

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Welcome back Carl..Sounds like a great time!

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Glad to here you had a good time. hope they are still biting in a few weeks. Leaving May 10th. for Canada. A friend up there really love to salmon fish. Know the waters out of McGreager bay well. I'll be out several times with him.

5. Big Daddy,
    Did you charter or use your own boat? We are planning a family vacation to Niagara Falls in August and I'd like to get a day of salmon fishing in on Lake Ontario. Any suggestions for a guide?

Thanks,
    Joel

6. Joel, I'll get my LOC Derby rule book and find some captains for you. I'll post them later today.

Probably be in the Wilson area, just East of Niagra Falls.

My bro-in-law had his boat up there.

Carl