close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Ontario 9/4 and 5

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Big Daddy, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Went up and fished for a couple days with my brother in laws. One is on site here as "Fish Reaper". He won last year's Fall LOC Derby. No such luck this year.

We fished out of Wilson and Saturday hit the edge of the Niagra Bar. Only got 4 kings(12-17 pounds, plus several shakers), a 3 lb brown trout, and a 7 lb sheephead, which hit a j-plug! LOL.

Today, we only got one 3lb steelie.

Was wavy out there today, 4-6/7 ft rollers and teh NE blow shut em down pretty good. Talked on the radio to a few guys from Massilon who were giving it a try. I guess someone caught a decent salmon, 39 pounder, but wasn't in the tournament. 31lb 9oz was leading the whole thing last I checked. Just wasn't a hot weekend to be up there. Oh well, that's why they call it fishing!!!

Pix to follow...

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Looks like you had a great time Big Guy. I just hope we can do some good the next few weeks. Our luck that storm from Flordia will soak us!

3. Hey Carl,
    Looks like you guys had a great time!!!!! :D
    "Gill Hooked = Grill Cooked" ;)
    I liked that one!!! :)
    Stan

4. It was fun. Fishing was slower than molasses running up hill in March, but we managed a few. Good to just get away...

5. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Them's sum nice fishies. :D