Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07/31/2013 Spent the morning at Lake Milton (6:00 AM till 11:30 AM) . We put in at Jersey and trolled toward the dam and back, with Crawler harnesses and plugs . Never had a hit . We then went to the flat and drifted the West edge near the river channel. We were in about 15 FOW for most of the time . There was almost no wind so I would touch the trolling motor every so often to move us along and keep us on the edge . We started to pick up channel cat . I had some large chubs (5" to 6") I got out of my minnow traps ,so I was using them with a light weight on the bottom . I got two nice cats and missed one by being asleep at the switch . My Brother -in-Law got a nice cat and a White Bass with a Colorado spinner that he was more or less vertical jigging with in the calm conditions .He missed two strikes . We spent 5 1/2 hours fishing, and caught all our fish in the last 1 1/2 hours. It rained a little for the last hour we were out , but not enough to run us off . We only saw three other boats . I didn't see anyone catch a fish while they were near us today . They may have gotten some down the lake though . It was another good day on the water even if the fish didn't seem to want to play very much today . Every one take care out on the water .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts