close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Milton Help

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishingAddict17, Jun 24, 2004.

1. OK guys, I need some help. For some reason I have been dreaming of going to Lake Milton this weekend to try trolling for some eyes and switch over to the smallies. I haven't been there since I was little and bank ridden but I remember how sad I was when they drained it for repairs. :( I have been getting killed at my job, working late, etc. and haven't been able to take a "scouting trip" out there. Just found out today that my business has not been tracking properly and I will spend most of my weekend matching up reports for the past six months and entering adjustments. :mad: If I don't go fishing sometime, I might go nuts!! I have been looking at the map on OGF and in the Sportsman's Connection trying to figure out, of all things, :eek: which ramp to go to. I fish by myself most times and try to be considerate as possible at the ramps, but at the same time, don't wanna tear my rig up either. I have been looking at the ramp off Jersey St. on the NW shore, or the ramp by the park office off Mahoning Ave. on the E shore just south of 76. Coming from Akron so I don't necessarily want to veer from 76 too much. Can anyone tell me if either have courtesy docks and whether either has multiple ramps? I plan to go pretty early in the morning but I have heard some stories about Milton and Berlin getting crazy with pleasure boaters so is it even worth a try or should I head back to Mosquito or the WB? Also, if I get on Milton, I probably wanna catch some fish. :) I don't want anyone's honey holes but general areas to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for anyone's help and sorry to be so long winded. It's great to have a site where I can even ask these types of questions!!

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

the nicest ramp around is the pointveiw ramp. as for fishing, walleyes have been slow. you might just want to stick with bass.

3. Lake Milton Joe

Lake Milton Joe Lake Milton Joe

Try the south bay on the edge of the flats east side, and by the rt.18 causeway troll hot and tot.

4. Milton is a popular summer night spot with some bass fishermen. It's jet ski and water ski heaven, and I think they intentionally crowd the fishermen.

It is known as a big fish lake, to local bass clubs.(largemouth and smallmouth)

5. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

If you are trying to be considerate on the Ramps, you will be the only one...PM me if you want some eye info.