Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I need some help. For some reason I have been dreaming of going to Lake Milton this weekend to try trolling for some eyes and switch over to the smallies. I haven't been there since I was little and bank ridden but I remember how sad I was when they drained it for repairs. :( I have been getting killed at my job, working late, etc. and haven't been able to take a "scouting trip" out there. Just found out today that my business has not been tracking properly and I will spend most of my weekend matching up reports for the past six months and entering adjustments. :mad: If I don't go fishing sometime, I might go nuts!! I have been looking at the map on OGF and in the Sportsman's Connection trying to figure out, of all things, :eek: which ramp to go to. I fish by myself most times and try to be considerate as possible at the ramps, but at the same time, don't wanna tear my rig up either. I have been looking at the ramp off Jersey St. on the NW shore, or the ramp by the park office off Mahoning Ave. on the E shore just south of 76. Coming from Akron so I don't necessarily want to veer from 76 too much. Can anyone tell me if either have courtesy docks and whether either has multiple ramps? I plan to go pretty early in the morning but I have heard some stories about Milton and Berlin getting crazy with pleasure boaters so is it even worth a try or should I head back to Mosquito or the WB? Also, if I get on Milton, I probably wanna catch some fish. :) I don't want anyone's honey holes but general areas to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for anyone's help and sorry to be so long winded. It's great to have a site where I can even ask these types of questions!!

·
SOLID MEAT
5,688 Posts
the nicest ramp around is the pointveiw ramp. as for fishing, walleyes have been slow. you might just want to stick with bass.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Milton is a popular summer night spot with some bass fishermen. It's jet ski and water ski heaven, and I think they intentionally crowd the fishermen.

It is known as a big fish lake, to local bass clubs.(largemouth and smallmouth)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts