close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lake Milton 9/20

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by luredaddy, Sep 20, 2007.

1. I fished Uncle Milty this morning, managed to catch a small Musky, but caught my biggest Carp ever. I was trolling over a hump near the Rt. 18 bridge, when the rod in the propwash went off. I THOUGHT I HAD THE MUSKY! The fight was unreal and when I saw the carp, I could not believe his size. The fish meaured 38" and had a huge girth, my Boga only goes to 30 lbs., but I would guess the weight at about 40 lbs. The attached pic does not show the true size of the fish. I was disappointed it was not a Musky, but what an impressive fish and fight. And yes it released well.:B
    [​IMG]

2. Wow. What is with the Milton carp? Last week someone caught a big one trolling. I have never caught a carp trolling. Cats, yes, but not carp. And in the propwash! Jig and I were there last night. Trolled for 5 hours without so much as a hit. Thirteen hours of trolling for me between WB and Milton and all I had to show for it was a 6" crappie that got caught on the back hook of a 10" crank. Not sure if he tried to hit it or was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If he did try to hit a bait almost twice his size he may have been part Pomeranian.

3. I caught a 28" carp on a hot n tot on Sunday afternoon at Milton. It was the 5th carp caught on my boat on crank baits this year, all at Milton, all trolling. I'm just about curious enough to ask someone at the DNR and see what their explanation is. Still, that is a huge fish. Nice job.

4. That is a heck of a carp, Dad and I have caught around 5 this year trolling..Most of them have been in the last several weeks..I got skunked today at Milton..I did see a guy catch what looked like a small white bass or white crappie..I'm not sure if I'll hit it tomorrow morning or not..I may go up north to the big lake..I hear the silver bullets are comming into the rivers

5. I don't fish Milton as much as I used to but last year I caught 3 carp at Milton while fishing for other species. 1 on a green pumpkin/w chartreuse tail mega tube, 1 on a green pumpkin mega tube, and 1 on a silver shad rap trolling. Never happens at any other lake for me but I almost expect it when I fish Milton. I wish the Smallies and Muskies thought the same way as the Carp at that lake.:D

6. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

I too was at Milton from 4:30p until 8p. Wish i could of ran into some of you . I also caught a nice carp a few weeks back trolling for ski's in prop wash. Agreed !! Unbelieve that so many have been CAUGHT while trolling .Wasn't to mant boats out during the evening. Were any of you in a ???? with a oval shaped sticker on the side of yuor boat?? Did manage four eyes. No keepers all at 14 inch

7. Hey Mike, what were you using the catch the eyes? I washed about every lure I had yesterday..came up empty...

8. mirrocraft mike

Got them on wallydrivers white/red head. I'll pm you also. I tried a little different pattern

9. LOL..I pmed you before I read the post..I dont have that color yet..I think I'll make a run to the tackle store..lol..

10. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I was out there last night also. All I could manage is some dink bass. The lake was pretty dead with boat traffic. A bunch of jet skiers were complaining about the ODNR officer giving them a hard time while I was putting the boat in the ramp. I just figured to myself "great its about time"lol.

11. Ya I agree, why did they wait untill fall to crack down on them though?

12. AMEN!!! They ruined my last trip out there-even late in the evening but it was a weekend day.

13. I was at Milton tonight.. (friday night) and saw or heard rather 2 jet skis running around after dark ,and of course wide open..that takes brains..I did manage to catch two wally's both about 15.5''

14. mirrocraft mike

Two thats better than last time out . At least they were keepers .Did you hit that area we spoke about ?

15. lol..I was all over the lake..started on south end and then up past 76 to about the boat ramp..then back down..was out till midnight or so..

16. Spent a couple nights trollin the dam. Nothin! 4 poles for 4 hours. Looked like most bait moved to the drops. Marked a few fish at 15feet but nothin more. Heard they were hittin in the big feeder but still should be on most drops. The red and white lures are Kick Ass!!!!!!!!

17. mirrocraft mike

Hey jig
    If you don't mind me asking What's the big feeder? You talking Erie?

18. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I was out there about a week ago and was trolling north toward the RT. 18 bridge when I heard a siren. It was the Watercraft officer chasing a jet skier from the 76 bridge toward me. The jet skier was in anothetr world like most of them are and I yelled at him as he was going by me and pointed to the officer. The jet skier looked around and saw the officer in pursuit and stopped for him. The last time I saw him the officer was giving him a safety check and probably cited him for speeding between the bridges in the no-wake zone.
    Jet skiers and waterskiers in general leave a lot to be desired.

19. I agree with you..There was 2 jets skiers out after dark on friday..That take brains there..And of course they were running wide open

20. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

At my tourny yesterday 4 of the jet skiers where flying down the river. They only slowed down because they say me fishing.