Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Lake Milton for the first time with my buddy Jim last Monday. We just got back in town after a 3 day trip that we fished Milton, Mosquito, and Erie. Probably some of the worst May weather I've experienced. We ran into a couple snow squalls on the way to Milton. It snowed, sleeted, and rained a good part of the day. The good news is we had the whole lake to ourselves. Nobody was willing to join us out there I guess. Pretty cool lake from what I seen. We just wish we would have seen it under better conditions. I'm surprised we caught anything to be honest after that huge cool down. We managed some largemouth, smallmouth, and a muskie. Water temperature was running around 49 degrees. Local told us there are some pretty huge muskie in that lake. I think it's definitely something we'll go back and fish again someday. Jim and I don't use the YouTube for our videos anymore. If you would like to see the video of the trip, I'll leave a link below to a new host we're using. Like I said it looks like a good fishery.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fis...ton-ohio-fishing-report-and-video-t13639.html

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great video, thanks for sharing.
LOL, 5 bass; 2 largemouth, 4 smallmouth. Cold weather affects your mental capacities for sure.
I was wondering how many might catch that. You are sharp cookie of this bunch, and I think your absolutely right. I tried to retie and took me almost 10 minutes to thread the line through the eyelet. Couldn't get my fingers or mind to function properly. When I was younger those kind of days didn't bother me much, but as I've gotten older I really do dislike them. :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
2 great anglers honing in their skills on new water!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Great video, Milton is a good little lake. Lots of fish, when the water temp is better it's a fun lake. When you where down towards the river, it's great for crappie and bass. We catch nice large mouths crappie fishing down that way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great video, Milton is a good little lake. Lots of fish, when the water temp is better it's a fun lake. When you where down towards the river, it's great for crappie and bass. We catch nice large mouths crappie fishing down that way.

I'm definitely going to fish it again. We didn't make it as far as the river. Hopefully next time we will. Thanks for that bit of information. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Easter 1973 was fishing Milton in a snow storm. My buddy caught a Musky that made Husky Musky, I’m thinking 17+ Lbs. The thing was he caught it on a fly rod running a Johnson Century upside down as many crappie guys did back then. Caught it on one of those jigs that look like a little which broom. 6lb line.
Fished Berlin and Milton several times since but never caught anymore musky.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Easter 1973 was fishing Milton in a snow storm. My buddy caught a Musky that made Husky Musky, I’m thinking 17+ Lbs. The thing was he caught it on a fly rod running a Johnson Century upside down as many crappie guys did back then. Caught it on one of those jigs that look like a little which broom. 6lb line.
Fished Berlin and Milton several times since but never caught anymore musky.
What a beast! I'd like to come back and check the river out sometime. Can you go up river a ways. Does the depth stay deep enough for a boat?

·
Registered
465 Posts
What a beast! I'd like to come back and check the river out sometime. Can you go up river a ways. Does the depth stay deep enough for a boat?
Yeah a pretty good ways. All the way to schillings Mill tavern. And I go past that with my boat. There are signs saying not to go past that point after the bridge. But I do and I never had a problem. As long as you have your electronics on reading the bottom you can go a pretty good ways.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah a pretty good ways. All the way to schillings Mill tavern. And I go past that with my boat. There are signs saying not to go past that point after the bridge. But I do and I never had a problem. As long as you have your electronics on reading the bottom you can go a pretty good ways.

Ditto on that!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts