Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give lake medina a shot today after reading a post from a few days ago. I got a late start, around 10:45 or so, and started working a texas rigged lizard. After a few casts without any bites I switched to a5" pumpkin seed senko. Two casts in I got one about 1.5 lbs. Then two casts later I got another around 3.5 lbs. I continued working the shoreline with the senkos and ended up catching only one more also around 1.5, losing a couple, and missing a bunch.

All the fish came on senkos and were pretty close to the shore (maybe 10'). I was wacky rigging the senko and I think it was working because the bass were eating sunfish along the weed edges. My stepdad also ended up catching 3 on senkos, all about 1.5. We left at about 12:30 so it was a pretty good two hours, only wish we would have started earlier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
got to take the wife out for the first time this season with the kids, didn't catch any bass. But we were lucky enough to bring in alot of sunfish and gills. Spent about 4 hrs on a great sunny afternoon.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I moved to Medina County recently and want to try that lake. Can you tell me exactly where it is? Just started using Senko's a few days ago, and have been doing well on them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
An entrance is located on route 18 between route 3 and I-71, just follow west of downtown Medina. It's right between an office building and a strip mall. Just type lake medina ohio into google maps for more info.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is also an entrance near the other side of the lake off of granger road. You can get to granger from route 3 and then it is only about half a mile to the entrance of the lake. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I caught a 12" walleye in there 3 years ago while casting a small jig in early spring for bass. I doubt that there are a lot of them in there though. Saw guys fishing for channel cats in there one summer night also. Mostly caught little bass, 10-12" with a lizard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts