Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
zzcop302
3 Posts
Hi Fishguy 888,
My wife and I are looking to do some night fishing at Lake Loramie in the next few days. I haven't fished there in years and don't really know the lake at all. Was wondering if you could point me to a few places to start on the lake for cats and bullheads. We actually like the bullheads as much as the channels. I've hear Loramie has a good population of bullheads...are they a decent size normally?
Also, could you recommend a bait shop at or near the lake?
Thanks, I appreciate your time and info.

·
Registered
218 Posts
tightline flats with a slip sinker between/adjacent to wood laydowns - throw out a little further (10-12yards) with cut warmouth/gills for good size channels. cane pole with bobber and your choice of hot dog pieces, worms, leftover small cutbait, etc. along the rocks within 5 feet of shore for bullheads. didn't fish the night bite last night but caught 3 eater-size channels and 3 21 inch+ channels from 7:30 to 9:15. have a great night - hope you have some luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fished Lake Loramie Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. Caught some nice fish each night until midnight and then went home. Used chicken livers and Secret 7 for bait. A boater came in late Saturday night with a 20 lb. channel cat he caught on shad. Had us take his picture with his cell phone and then promptly turned the big cat loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts