Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Love To Fish
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Sunday, June 24, Electric Bass Circuit held a tournament at Lake Loramie. A lot of nice bass were weighed-in. The winners did not weigh-in a 5 bass limit, they weighed-in 4 bass tipping the scales at 11 lb. 15. oz. The winners photo is posted below. To view more photos of bass caught at Lake Loramie click the following link: June 24, Lake Loramie photos.

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
Dang those two are pigs. makes the other guys 2nd fish look small, when it's not a bad fish in its self.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was out fishing Loramie that day. I hope you guys keep them fish alive since your livewell is a small cooler???? I did see the fish being returned, but in the summer that has to be tough on them since you guys don't have true livewells in your boats...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
The 1 guy has a couple hawgs, they appear to be larger than 4lb 11oz, maybe the pic was taken close up(or Im just that envious) congrats to the winners.

·
Love To Fish
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was out fishing Loramie that day. I hope you guys keep them fish alive since your livewell is a small cooler???? I did see the fish being returned, but in the summer that has to be tough on them since you guys don't have true livewells in your boats...
I understand your concern, that’s great! Aerated livewell's are mandatory for our tourneys. All of the bass that were weighed-in Sunday, were returned alive, and are there to be caught again. Many of our members use large coolers, some of the boats have built-in livewells, and the boat I fish out of has a Toho-Rig livewell which holds at least 30 gallons of water, and recirculates 360 GPH. My team, and many other teams also use chemicals such as Please Release Me. On very hot days, many of us also bring bottles of frozen water to add to our livewell as-needed. Even though we fish out of shorter boats, we catch a lot of nice bass, and we do have "TRUE LIVEWELLS". Our bass mortality rate is excellent. Hey jmk112, if you have a small boat, we will be fishing Loramie again Sunday, August 12. Hope to see you there!

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Nice fish.

Does holding the bass that way affect them negatively?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts